What's new

FS: Sherwood-Newcastle pre-pro (1 Viewer)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
The unit has been sold.
OK, the upgrade bug has hit, so something has to go to make room. :)
I'm selling my Sherwood-Newcastle 5.1 AVP-9080 preamp/processor. It has built-in DTS/DD5.1 decoders, true analog bypass, 6 channel inputs for DVD-A/SCAD, a built-in RF demodulator for LD players, an MM/MC phono input, tuner, and on-screen programming. It has 8 pre-outs, the standard LF/RF/LR/RR plus 2 center channel and 2 subwoofer. It comes complete with an RNC-100 universal remote and OBM. You can find the complete feature list and specs here.
This pre-pro is in excellent condition and has very good sound. The back panel layout is logical and connections are easy to make. Operation is a breeze and the OSD is a great bonus in a pre-pro at this price. If you have been considering getting into seperates but didn't think you could afford it, this is an excellent way to get started.
The AVP-9080 sells new for over $1000, I'm asking $450 and the buyer pays actual UPS shipping/insurance costs from 94304. I can accept money orders, personal checks or Paypal. Personal checks must clear before shipping and Paypal users please add 3% to total. If you are local we can make other arrangements.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Oops, I just learned that I can't add a surcharge for Paypal. So PayPal users willnot have to add 3%.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Dan, the used market and sales in general are a little slow right now because of the summer, Look at the trends on ebay, and you will see just how much it has slowed down. BUT, the past few days/week it has been getting better again, hang in there. Also, on audiogon guys are asking much more for this than you are, so I am sure that it is only a matter of time and someone will take advantage of this great deal.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Rodney,

Good point, I hadn't considered the time of year.

I have also posted this on Audiogon, for the same price. Some of the sellers on Audiogon are asking $600.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks