FS: Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080 DTS/DD Pre/Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Jeff, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

I'm selling my wonderful titanium Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080. I could probably go another couple years using this but I've got the upgrade bug. According to Widescreen Review, the AVP-9080, with its many features, "easily equals or betters the performance of anything anywhere near its price range." The AVP-9080, with its distinctive titanium faced chassis, is a tuner/pre-amp/surround processor-a complete system control center for the audiophile who wants to upgrade to separates for 5.1 audio. It features Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Digital and DTS decoding with a built-in RF demodulator for laser disc playback, a 6-channel direct input for possible future formats, a built-in AM/FM tuner, and a full function pre-amp with a Tone Direct analog signal path, free of digital processing, for maximum reference sound reproduction.

This unit has never given me a problem of any kind and is in excellent conditon, with no marks on it. It's been well taken care of and when the unit is off and cooled down, I have always had a dust cover over the top; so it's nice and clean inside. I bought this in early 2001 and it's been lightly used since then. It comes with all it's original accessories, box, manual and remote which was never used.

A little bit about myself: I'm located in Vancouver, Canada and I've been a member here since 1997, being one of the first "Jeff's" on the HTF. [​IMG] I therefor snagged the four letter "Jeff" username. I sell items on Ebay every week and you can read my feedback, under user ID "majestyk". My two negatives have nothing to do with selling.

My asking price is $350 US plus shipping. Hopefully someone near me might be interested in this.

Thanks,

Jeff Lockhart

2. David WS

David WS Stunt Coordinator

I can't find any info about this model. Could you provide some photos of the front and back pannels? I might be interested if I could get some details.

Thanks,

Dave

3. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

4. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Ok, here are the photos. They aren't that great, as my camera was not on a tripod and my hands are rather shaky. My Internet Explorer seems to shrink the photo so if this happens to you, it might be better to download it.

http://members.shaw.ca/majestyk/avp9080.jpg

Jeff

5. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Going to $350 US plus shipping. If you are just going to seperates and are running five channels, this is a steal of a deal.

Jeff

6. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Sent e-mail.

-Dave

7. Gomer

Gomer Auditioning

Sent a PM

[​IMG]

8. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

I believe this is sold, thanks!