What's new

FS: Sharp DT-300 in Canada (1 Viewer)

MarkusP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Up for sale is a virtually new Sharp DT-300 DLP projector. I purchased this a few weeks ago and it only has 12 hours use.

Why am I selling? I originally purchased this to replace my Epson LCD projector (since I prefer DLP to LCD) but it turns out that the lens throw is too short for my living room (need to place on a ledge behind my couch at the midpoint of my room). This projector definitely has superior picture and performance to my Epson but I just can't live with it on my coffee table with the dog running around. This is a top rated unit featuring the TI Matterhorn chip with a resolution of 1024 x 576 pixels and an impressive contrast ratio of 2000:1. My Epson by comparison only has a contrast ratio of 800:1. It is also rainbow free by utilizing a 6 segment, 5 speed colour wheel - the best in the industry.

As found on Sharp's website:

The DT300 is a compact, lightweight 16:9 native widescreen projector that will easily fit on a shelf, cabinet or small side table. Great for watching sports, movies, TV and even playing video games, this projector provides high resolution DLP™ projection anywhere you want it, without taking up a lot of space.

The DT300 features a short throw lens making it perfect to setup on a coffee table or side table for those of us who do not have a dedicated home theatre. It also features vertical lens shift allowing you to move the projected image up along the wall without having to keep elevating the projector, making setup a snap.

The DT300 also features numerous setup connections (inputs) which include component video, s-video, DVI-I (HDCP compliant) etc. and has a brightness rating of 700 ANSI, perfect for most rooms even with some ambient light.

Here are the specs on the projector:

http://www.sharp.ca/products/index.a...=specs&f=print

Here is a projector distance calculator that lets you figure out how large an image you can project from a certain distance:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Shar...ulator-pro.htm

This projector currently retails on blowout sale at East Hamilton Radio for $3000 CDN plus taxes. Original retail price for this projector last fall was over $5000 CDN! I am asking $1250 CDN obo since I bought it for a much better deal in the US.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks