What's new

FS: Samsung HD931 1080i Faroudja DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Sergio F

Stunt Coordinator
NOW OFFERING FREE SHIPPING :

I have for sale an excellent condition Samsung HD931 1080i/720p upscaling dvd player with Faroudja processing and DVI output. Included with the player will be a 9 foot DVI cable and the upgraded remote control with true, built-in, frame-by-frame jog dial. Original MSRP was $299.00.

I am asking $165.00 shipped(continental US only).

Check out some of the reviews on epinions.com for more information.

Sergio F

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,

I have personally never witnessed any incidence of macroblocking with this player. Since you posed the question I decided to do a few searches on the net and have not yet found anyone else who has either. In fact, I found just the opposite:

Check out the following thread and read the post by Earz near the bottom of the thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=macroblocking

Also, there are currently 16 reviews of this player on epinions.com. All of them seem to speak quite favorably of it's video performance through DVI.

Thanks,
Sergio

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Andy,

This question was already asked and answered above. There are only 2 players I know of that do HD over component (which is a violation of the DVD forum DVD standard)-- the original firmware for the Zenith 318 (removed in later firmware) and the NeuNeo player which is a grey market unit from china that supports all kinds of formats like hvd, divx and mpeg4 but has mediocre scaling chips.

Neuneo also has a 1080p version shipping soon. http://www.neuneo.com/

-V

Andy_A

Second Unit
Vince, thanks. I didn't even see that post that already answered my question. I need one that outputs over component, but for the record I've heard the HD931 is a very good player.

Sergio F

Stunt Coordinator
OK, folks. I'm now throwing in free shipping. If it doesn't sell soon I will try E-Bay.

Thanks for looking.

Sergio F

Stunt Coordinator
Price lowered to $165.00 shipped.

I would also entertain a trade for an Outlaw Audio ICBM-1.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Sergio-

I may be interested. I intend to use it with my Infocus 4805 projector. Good idea or no?

Todd

Sergio F

Stunt Coordinator
Todd, I am not familiar with that particular projector but as long as it is HDCP compliant you won't have a problem. I think you will be very pleased with he picture this player will produce. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sergio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks