What's new

FS: Rotel RSP-1066 DD-EX/DTS-ES pre/pro (silver), Onkyo TX-DS797 receiver (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Two items for sale:
Rotel RSP-1066 DPL2/DD-EX/DTS-ES Preamp/Processor, silver faceplate (product info, reviews). Upgraded Dolby Digital EX version with EX logo on the front. Purchased new in August from a local authorized dealer. Firmware version is 1.37. Like new condition with box, remote, manual, and included interconnects. Great preamp for the price, but I'm moving up to an AVM 20. Asking $1250 shipped in the continental US and Canada. Can't ship until next week when my dealer gets his AVM 20 stock replenished.
Onkyo TX-DS797 DD-EX/DTS-ES THX Select receiver, black faceplate (product info, reviews). Purchased last November from OneCall (authorized dealer). Has never exhibited the "ticking" problem others have described. Near mint condition (very minor marks on top from other components) with box, remote, and manual. Was my primary receiver before purchasing the 1066, and has been sitting unused for about two months now. Great receiver for a small- to mid-sized theater. Asking $650 shipped in the continental US and Canada.
Please see my Link Removed for references. I describe items accurately and pack them properly for safe shipping.
I accept Citibank c2it, money orders, cashier's checks, and PayPal (but you must cover the PayPal fees on such large purchases, sorry). Please post here, e-mail me, or PM me if interested.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Jay;
I can't say I'm interested in either product. I already have a Rotel 1066 so I certainly don't need another, nor do I need an Onkyo 797.
However, anyone interested in Rotel, I will say that this is a damn good deal on a fine pre-pro. Jump on this one before it gets away!

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the bump Jeff. I didn't think the 1066 would last long at all. Oh well. Another day or two here and it's off to Audiogon or ebay.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Jay: I have an interest but I just found this for sale post and it's too late tonight to do any research. One thing I'm not interested in is paying any PAYPAL fees, so we probably won't make a deal simply because of that point. Don't hestitate to go your Ebay route because of me, though.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Sorry about the PayPal stuff, but if a buyer insists on using PayPal for such a large purchase, I don't feel I should be responsible for the ridiculous fees they charge. Especially since there are methods that cost next to nothing (money orders, cashier's checks, etc.). On smaller purchases I don't bat an eye, but something this big results in a fairly hefty service charge from PayPal (like $40). Any other seller would ask $1300 to make up for it, but I didn't want to penalize those who might opt for more conventional payment methods.

We've dealt with each other before, haven't we? LDs or something I think. I'm sure we could work something out if you want. Let me know.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Forgive me for jumping in here, but I was under the impression it was against forum rules to charge extra for a PayPal transaction.

-Keith

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I'm aware of PayPal's rule that merchants may not charge a surcharge for using credit cards, but I'm not a merchant. This is a private transaction. However, if the rule also applies to this transaction, then I won't accept payment via PayPal. I'm not willing to eat the cost. I offered PayPal as a convenience for buyers, but personally, I think their service stinks. They force me to upgrade to a "Premier" account so I can accept a payment from a credit card, then I find out that I get slammed with a 3% surcharge on ALL payments from here on out. What a crock.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Citibank c2it, money orders, cashier's checks, and personal checks still accepted (checks must clear before items are shipped).

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I've decided to put these up on ebay on Sunday night. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me by then.

Thanks,
Jay

ThuanVu

Stunt Coordinator
I found Paypal is working great for me
If you pay money order/cashier check, you must have CASH
I usually direct transfer from my bank using Paypal - No charge!
Per transaction, I save sometime to go to purchase MO/CCheck, fee, priority mail with signature conf , 3 days to get to other end.
Just my 2 cents :)
Thuan

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, since PayPal forced me to upgrade to a "Premier" account to accept a credit card payment, I now get slammed with a 3% fee on EVERY payment I accept. Sending money is free, but accepting a payment involves a surcharge whether it comes from someone's credit card or their bank account.

As I said, on normal purchases it's no big deal. But on a $1250 transfer, the charge is way too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks