FS: RCA DTC100 with Firmware that works with HU Card

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Carl, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Carl

Carl Stunt Coordinator

I have a RCA DTC100 HD receiver with mod that still contain the firmware that will run with the HU card. If you decide to run this unit with later generation cards, all you have to do is to flip the switch and it will download the latest firmware. Of course, once you have download the latest firmware, it will no longer work with the HU card. The unit is in excellent condition. I will sell the unit for:

DTC100 + Silver Sensor Antenna = $275 shipped

DTC100 + Silver Sensor + one P4 card = $350 shipped

2. Jeff JRB

Jeff JRB Auditioning

Carl,

The "HU Card" has been phased out by Directv. It no longer receives channels and you have to call Directv and get their latest card if you do not already have one. The latest FW (v5.x I believe) is the latest and greatest (and has been for over a year) and that was most likely the last FW upgrade this unit will get from RCA. There is not another firware version that makes the "HU Card" incompatible--Never has been. Also, Directv is no longer sending the FW upgrade to the DTC100. They stopped that quite a while back. If a user wants to upgrade the FW on the unit, they have to have the "paddle update" done. This requires sending the unit to a facility that has the "paddle" to do the update.

Hope this clears things up.

3. HO NGUYEN

HO NGUYEN Agent

So is the DTC-100 compatible with the new cards? Important since the old ones are phased out. Is there any benifit to buying one of the newer generations of cable boxes vs the DTC-100 for HD channels?