FS: Pioneer NS-5 Shelf System

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    I have two Pioneer NS-5 shelf audio systems in perfect condition. I bought them for our home offices (my wife and I both work out of our home), but we decided to consolidate and we're ready to part with them.
    These systems are very nice to look at and are quite compact--yet they have superb sound and plenty of bass (the speaker enclosures are rock solid and the woofer has a lot of extension). They have an especially nice blue display that moves electronically into position when you turn on the system--an impressive touch.
    These systems have had VERY light use and are in perfect condition. Each system includes a credit card sized remote, amp/tuner/cd player, and all accessories, plus the original box and packaging. Price is $150 per system (plus about $15-$20 per unit for UPS shipping to the Continental U.S.). I'll sell both systems together for $300 shipped.
    Pioneer's Description:
    "The Pioneer NS5 "Life Plus" audio system is a space saving, shelf system that is sophisticated and delivers great sound. It features a motorized LCD display and a single CD tray for ultimate space saving. The unit offers an AM/FM tuner, pre-amplifier, and amplifier. The NS5 delivers 18 watts of power to each of two channels for a total of 36 watts of sound. The speaker system consists of a pair of 5" 2-way speakers. The NS5 includes timer modes for convenient anytime listening, a credit card remote, and 1-touch play for easy operation. The CD portion allows 24 track programming, random play, and has a digital optical output."
    Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested.
    (According to the search engines, an NS-5 system sells online for between $325 and $354.)

2. Bill Balcziak

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] One system is sold. I will sell the remaining one for $150, shipping to the Continental U.S. included at no charge. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bill Balcziak

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sale pending on unit two... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bill Balcziak

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Second unit is sold. Thanks, Allan! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]