What's new

FS: Pioneer Elite CLD-52 laserdisc player (1 Viewer)

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer Elite CLD-52 laserdisc player

$175

This is a decent player, not up to the picture quality of the CLD-79, CLD-97 or CLD-99 Elites, but much cheaper. It doesn't have an AC-3 RF output. It does have optical & coax digital audio outputs & 2 SVideo & 2 composite video outputs.

Cosmetically & functionally it is excellent.

I have the original remote, but no manual or box. I will pack it securely.

I prefer PayPal.

I live in the San Francisco South Bay area. I can arrange delivery/pickup/meeting if you're in the area.

Shipping in the continental U.S. by UPS ground will be $25 extra.

My eBay user id is rich.st. I have 149 positives with no negatives nor neutrals. I am a good trader on this forum.

I just bought an HLD-X9, so I am selling some of my backup players.

Send me an email or post here if you have any questions.

Rich

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
LD Players work differently than DVD Players, Eric. I suggest checking out Rachael B's Primer here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...355#post577355
The short answer is that Optical and Coax only pass the digital (PCM) track, or the DTS track if one exists. An AC3/RF output is the only way to get Dolby Digital sound from an LD player.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Eric,

As greg said- do some reasearch on Laserdisc- the format is quite a bit different than DVD. The optical or coax digital output read from the Digital audio tracks on the LD-- which means they pass PCM or DTS- as those types of tracks appear on the Digital carriers.

AC-3 or "Dolby Digital" is carried on the analog tracks on laserdisc, so you need a specific output which reads the analog channel and then need a modulation device which turns the analog AC3 signal back into a digital signal which a receiver can recognize.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyshopper_jk