FS: Pioneer Elite 54TX Receiver

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Wayne Ernst, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

****** This item has been sold!! *******

Due to a case of the upgrade bug, I'm offering the following for sale:

- Pioneer Elite 54TX Receiver
    - Less than a year old
    - Purchased from an authorized source, A little over a year remains on the warranty, which can be transferred.
    - Original box, remote, manual, etc. - Included.
    - Condition: 9.0 on a 10.0 scale.

Ideally, I'd love to sell this within the Wash, DC area. However, I will keep the option of shipping open - use of FedEx Ground would probably be the cheapest method. A small fee for the 2nd box and packing peanuts would apply.

Price: $599.00, PayPal or money orders accepted.

Feel free to contact me for any additional details. Pictures to follow later this evening.

2. Chad B

Chad B Stunt Coordinator

Hey Wayne,

You wouldn't be interested in a trade, would you? I have a Denon AVR-4802r (we might be able to work out differences in worth)... I'm also a very talented and dedicated ISF television calibrator that happens to service your area. (shameless plug):b

Chad

3. Wayne Ernst

Chad,

As much as I'd love to have the 4802 on my shelf, I'd prefer a regular sale of the Elite. Thanks for the thought, though. [​IMG]

4. Wayne Ernst

How about $550 and I'll cover the shipping?

- Shipping terms: double-boxed, shipped via FedEx Ground to any of the lower 48 states.

5. JohnG

JohnG Stunt Coordinator

bump

6. Wayne Ernst

****** This item has been sold !! *******

[​IMG]

Pictures ... and an evening bump. Sorry, the Onix CD player is not included. [​IMG]

7. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Wayne,

I have a VSX-54TX in my HT system and an Onix XCD-88 in my 2 channel system. Great minds....

Check out my gallery pics!!

BTW, my middle name is Wayne!!

8. Wayne Ernst

The receiver has been sold ... and I already miss my baby. Why, dear Lord, do these audio upgrade bugs come upon us? Why do we resist to the temptation of having more watts, more channels, or a warmer sound through tubed amplifiers? Why? Why? Why?

Alan,

Your pics look wonderful. I'm envious of your two audio areas - 1) for home theater and 2) for having a dedicated space for 2-channel listening.

I think most of us, because we don't have the luxury of two areas, tend to try and make the best of both worlds. In reality, it's quite hard to find the correct combination that will suit us for both home theater and semi-critical audio listening.

I think the best advice I could provide for any budding upgraders is to look at the ratio that you use the system for. Example: 80% audio and 20% movies. Well, if that were me, I'd probably opt for a better 2-channel system and create some sort of phantom center channel, leaving a nice budget for some great speakers. Also, I'd dig a bit deeper - and review the types of movies that you watch. If all you watch is "chick-flics" because your wife controls the Blockbuster card, then surround sound will not be used to its full potential. In situations like this - 5, 6 or 7 channels are not needed and will be greatly under-utilized.

Best of luck to you upgraders. And, Alan, thanks for sharing your pics of your systems. Very nice! [​IMG]

9. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Thanks for the kind words Wayne!! In fact...speaking of upgraditis, I'm getting ready to sell my 3 month old Marsh Sound Design A400S 2 channel amp (2 X 200wpc @ 8 ohms) and upgrade to a Rotel 1090 (2 X 380wpc @ 8 ohms)!! This is in anticipation of moving up from the maggie 1.6s to the 3.6s later this year!!

Does it ever end??