What's new

FS: Pioneer DV-59avi DVD/SACD player (1 Viewer)

gebby44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
I'm selling my DVD/SACD/DVD-A player as I'm not going in the same direction I once thought I was. This is a great player with great upscaling for those that aren't a fan of Faroudja DCDi. The audio section on this surprised me as I have heard it up against a Marantz 8260 and was pleasantly surprised. The Marantz was better overall, but the Pioneer held it's own and was impressive for a DVD player.

I originally thought I was going to have a setup with an outboard scaler and this Pioneer is one of the few that can output raw 480i over HDMI for a scaler. The video quality on this has been said to best the Denon 2910 easily and be on a level close to the 3910. For those who can't deal with macroblocking, this player is a good solution without breaking the bank.

In pristine condition. I seriously couldn't find a single scratch on it or a smudge that wouldn't wipe off. This is a completely mint player. If there is a scratch outside of the bottom of the case, I can't find it.

This baby was around $1000 in early 2005 and I bought it last year for $400. They typically go on Ebay for around $175 plus shipping but not in as good of shape as this one.

$190 shipped and Paypal'd

PM me with any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks