FS: Philips SACD1000

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by John Kotches, Oct 18, 2004.

1. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Philips SACD1000 Multi-channel SACD and DVD-Video player available for sale. I'm upgrading to an SACD only player (no video stage) for my main system, and am looking for a loving home for this player.

This player was repaired in early 2004 in Tampa by Jim Lucas with the Furore and MACE chipsets replaced and a new transport installed as well. This unit has been problem free since then, and is an outstanding player some 3 years after its release.

For those that are seeking a great player at a mid-range price, this is a good selection. In addition, if you're so inclinded many modification shops have modifications specifically for this player if you want upgraded performance.

Asking price is $525 including shipping in the US.

If interested, contact me via PM or e-mail as jkotches@pobox.com

Cheers,

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Just curious, do any of the mods allow a hi-res bitstream to be outputted via coax or optical?

edit- oh wait what's the point if decoders can't decode DSD duhhh, sorry. What are the mods then? Something to enchance the DACs?

3. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Scott,

EMM Labs/Meitner will modify an existing SACD1000 player for use with his DACs. The total price is in the "if you have to ask" category. DVD Upgrades in Switzerland doesn't have a modification kit to allow digital output for this player.

Modification in this context means modifying the analog output stage.

Cheers,

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Ok sweet, I've been reading around on people modding their players and guys selling pre-modded ones at 3-4x their original price. Thanks for the info!