What's new

FS: Philips SACD1000 (1 Viewer)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Philips SACD1000 Multi-channel SACD and DVD-Video player available for sale. I'm upgrading to an SACD only player (no video stage) for my main system, and am looking for a loving home for this player.

This player was repaired in early 2004 in Tampa by Jim Lucas with the Furore and MACE chipsets replaced and a new transport installed as well. This unit has been problem free since then, and is an outstanding player some 3 years after its release.

For those that are seeking a great player at a mid-range price, this is a good selection. In addition, if you're so inclinded many modification shops have modifications specifically for this player if you want upgraded performance.

Asking price is $525 including shipping in the US.

If interested, contact me via PM or e-mail as [email protected]

Cheers,

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just curious, do any of the mods allow a hi-res bitstream to be outputted via coax or optical?

edit- oh wait what's the point if decoders can't decode DSD duhhh, sorry. What are the mods then? Something to enchance the DACs?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

EMM Labs/Meitner will modify an existing SACD1000 player for use with his DACs. The total price is in the "if you have to ask" category. DVD Upgrades in Switzerland doesn't have a modification kit to allow digital output for this player.

Modification in this context means modifying the analog output stage.

Cheers,

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Ok sweet, I've been reading around on people modding their players and guys selling pre-modded ones at 3-4x their original price. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.