What's new

FS: Panasonic RV80 DVD Player $175 shipped (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
** SOLD ** Thanks, Jim
Regarded by many as the best interlaced DVD player ever made, my Panasonic RV80 is in flawless condition and comes with manual and remote. I just replaced it with a Sony NS900V, mainly because I wanted SACD capability.
I've been using the RV80 with a front projector and scaler and it's picture is outstanding. Plus, it has enough tweaks and adjustments so that you can really "dial in" a great picture customized for your display device. Of course, it provides composite, svideo, and component out. Plus lots of nifty convenience features along with built-in DD 5.1 and DTS decoder.
See review here: http://www.epinions.com/content_6860607108
If you don't need progressive output, or if you're using an outboard scaler, the RV80 is a wonderful choice.
Price: $175 shipped within the 48.

Jason Monette

Second Unit
how old is it, how many hours on it? have you had any problems with it? I am interested, so let me know.

jason

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Jason:

Manufactured in August 2000. I've had it for 14-18 months.

No problems at all. Has always worked flawlessly.

I only use it with my front projector. My front projector has under 1000 hours on it and I logged some of those with another player. Probably 500-600 hours on it.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
someone buy this player from this poor man...I have one and it's incredible. $175 is a nice price.

JimY

Auditioning
Bob,

I'm interested in the Panny RV80. I'm in Northridge. Can we arrange a viewing/pickup?

Jim

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep- best interlaced player I ever owned! For $175, it's a steal.

Bob, if Jim doesn't take it- drop me a line and I'll find a home for this beauty before you send it off to Ebay!

-Vince

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Jim:
Sent you email yesterday with my phone #.
Vince, you're second on the list. :)
Thanks guys.
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks