FS: Panasonic DVD-L50D PalmTheater Portable DVD Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John_Berger, Aug 5, 2002.

1. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

SOLD!
    [​IMG]
    I am selling my Panasonic PalmTheater DVD-L50D portable DVD player. Below are the specifications for it. Please read the whole thing before sending me e-mail. [​IMG]
    * 5" 16:9 LCD screen
    * Built-in stereo speakers
    * Dolby Digital and DTS audio
    * 3-hour+ battery playback
    * Credit-card sized remote control
    * On-screen menu icons
    * Plays VCDs, DVDs, and audio CDs without a problem
    * Composite and S-Video out connections (cables included)
    (By the way, the image on the screen in the top picture is actually on the screen. It is not a Photoshop compilation.)
    The player itself is a complete system. You don't even need to use the screen as it is a complete set-top system as well.
    The Dolby Digital and DTS output are done through a standard 1/8"-to-RCA cable (included) or by an optional fiber optic cable. (The audio out port is actually both 1/8" and fiber out!)
    It also supports a Line In function so that you can connect your camcorder to it and have the audio and video play on the unit itself.
    The screen has a zoom function in case you run non-anamorphic DVDs (widescreen, of course) and it will automatically switch between 16:9 and 4:3 modes when it detects an anamorphic or non-anamorphic signal. The video output can also be set to either 4:3 or 16:9 depending on your TV.
    [​IMG]
    All of the necessary cables are included - AC power, S-Video, and audio/video cable. The entire system even comes in its original box!
    The battery can easily last a good three hours, so that gives you plenty of time to watch an entire movies and perhaps some extras (the extended release of "Lord of the Rings" not included [​IMG]).
    I am also including the soft leather (okay, vinyl) carrying case that was not part of the original purchase. This case holds everything that you need, including all of the cables and the battery. The case also has a handle on it to carry your player around, and has the Panasonic logo imprinted into it.
    As I live in the U.S., this is obviously a region 1, NTSC DVD player.
    It is in gorgeous shape with nary a scratch nor stain on it. Obviously, being a member of HTF I make sure to take care of my hardware. [​IMG]
    My price for all of this is $299. Shipping is, of course, additional. Let me know where you live and I will gladly search out the prices to your destination via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
    For some reason, a lot of people are terrified of shipping internationally. I have no problems shipping this internationally. Just remember that this *is* region 1 and the power cable is obviously for the U.S.
    I prefer PayPal (including international PayPal); however, I will also accept cashier's cheque or money order. If paying by PayPal, your account must be verified (a confirmed bank account on record), not just confirmed. International banker's cheques must be in U.S. funds and drawn on funds from a U.S. bank, since my financial institution will not accept otherwise. Sorry, gang, but personal checks will not be accepted.
    This is a gorgeous little unit! It does everything that a set-top box does and more!
    Please e-mail me if you're interested. I don't normally check my HTF private messages, so any messages sent there will most likely get missed.

2. John_Berger

Oh, for CRYING OUT LOUD!!
    Moderators, please change the thread title from Panadonic to Panasonic! Thanks! [​IMG]
    Added By the Berger-Meister
    Thank you!

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

John,

I am very interested, but a little short on cash right this minute. Any interest in custom interconnects or DVD trades to offset the cash price a little??

-Vince

4. Chuck Frady

Chuck Frady Second Unit

ygm

5. John_Berger

Gang, the player is still up for grabs. (You can assume as much until I add a big "SOLD!" to the thread.)
    I'm throwing in an unopened, still-shrink-wrapped Willow DVD into the mix.
    My price is $299 + shipping by whatever method you prefer, and I must warn you that I don't play the haggling game. [​IMG] Sorry!