FS: Panasonic AE100 LCD home theatre front projector.

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Chris PC, May 10, 2004.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Panasonic AE100 LCD projector. Two years old. Projector/lamp has about 410 hours. Run on low mode the lamp is good for possibly up to 3000 to 4000 hours. I've run mine on low. No stuck/dead pixels, and the LCD panel convergence appears very good. There are a few dust blobs which can easily be cleaned out. The projector's colour uniformity is fairly good, however, there was an ever so slightly noticable tinting visible in the corners only in low light scenes. This is most likely due to a worn (due to heat) polarizer plate, probably the blue plate. Hardly noticable, you'd have to see it in action. When the scene is bright colours, you can't tell anything. Its only when the scene has low lighting, scenes that aren't very bright that you can notice the faint tinting affect. I had to point it out to people because its very slight and some people don't see it. The polarizer plate runs about $140.00 CDN ($90.00 USD) and you can replace it yourself. Come see the projector in action. Low hours. Remote is still in plastic cover.

This is an awesome entry into front projection and everyone who comes to my "room" theatre, its basically my bedroom [​IMG] , is always impressed and never has a single bad thing to say. I have greatly enjoyed this projector and I hope to pass it on to someone else who will care for it and enjoy it. I bought this used last year in May for $1675.00 CDN with 145 hours on it. I've had lots of fun and now I'm upgrading to a higher resolution projector. The best way to enjoy this projector is by using a progressive DVD player or, a Home Theatre Personal Computer (HTPC), which is a really good way to use this projector. I myself used an iScan Ultra line doubler.

Asking $895.00 CDN (approx $650 US) or best offer. Prefer local sale. Come and take a look and make an offer.

P.S. I still have a second iScan Ultra for sale too and it works well with the AE100. Asking $570.00 USD or best offer for the Ultra. Shipping is negotiable.[​IMG]

2. Jonathann_K

Jonathann_K Agent

bump for an awesome PJ that I used for 2 years

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

There was the odd person who asked me about this projector earlier, but I can't remember who they were.

I am willing to ship the projector, but I would prefer a local sale. Make an offer folks.

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Bump.

This is an awesome projector with a very good picture. Open to reasonable offers, so PM or email me if you're interested [​IMG]

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Bump...price drop

$650.00 USD ($890 CDN) or best offer.

...and by the time someone buys it, it will be free of dust blobs

[​IMG]

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Bump...as far as the colour uniformity problem, I can't see it anymore. I don't know.