What's new

FS or FT: HTPC (1 Viewer)

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
All brand new parts, was building this for a friend who doesn't need it anymore. Local pickup only in DFW area.

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP2600+
512MB PC3200 DDR RAM
200GB Hard Drive
8x DVD burner DVD+-R/RW
Built-in network and 6.1 sound
7.1 sound card w/ optical output (inc. optical cable)
ATI Radeon 9600SE 128MB display card

Asking $600 or trade for audio equipment. Especially interested in preprocessors and/or amps, 2 channel preferred but will consider surround as well. Can be vintage gear.

Case is not ideal for HTPC, white generic case and the power supply isn't that quiet but for the price this isn't a bad HTPC. Video card has DVI, VGA and S-video outputs. ATI sells DVI-component adapters for $40, highly recommended if you have component inputs on your TV/projector.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
After listening to it in my HT room, the power supply is extremely quiet for a cheap case PS. If the price is too high, I have another computer that I can source cheaper parts from and/or take off the DVD burner. Can't really lower the price as I'm selling this at part cost, I just want to get my money back. Like I said, all parts are brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks