FS: Onkyo DV-SP1000 (silver), Ascend Acoustics CMT-340M with matching stan

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Jay Sylvester, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Jay Sylvester

Jay Sylvester Supporting Actor

Onkyo is sold, Ascends still available.

For sale is an Onkyo DV-SP1000, silver finish. Latest firmware. Includes original box, cables, remote, and user manual. Purchased in November, maybe about 40 hours total use. Perfect aside from the tiniest blemish on the bottom left side of the front facia, hence the 8/10 rating.

The SP1000 is built like a tank and has A/V quality that's competitive with the highest of the high-end. I'm going back to my previous HTPC setup for its flexibility (I plan to set up a media server), and while I'd love to keep the Onkyo for CD/DVD-A/SACD purposes, I need the cash to finance my HTPC endeavors.

For full specifications, see the Onkyo web site.

Available for demo/inspection in Dover, NJ for serious buyers. Asking $1250 plus shipping.

I also have one pair of Ascend Acoustics CMT-340M speakers with matching stands for sale. Like new condition, very little use.

The 340's are honest and accurate with a detailed sound, and they present a very sharp soundstage that lets you easily localize every vocal and instrument. Very efficient also (92dB with 8 ohms resistence), so they require little power to reach high volumes. I replaced an M&K S-150 THX Ultra setup with these as a cost-cutting measure and I was pleasantly surprised to find out I prefer the Ascends. Just as accurate, but far more musical.

For complete specs, see the Ascend web site.

I don't have the original boxes, so pickup is preferred. I can ship them if necessary though. They'll be well packed. Asking $500 plus shipping.

Personal check or money order preferred (at least 2 weeks to clear), but I'm willing to accept PayPal from CONFIRMED accounts with VERIFIED ADDRESSES ONLY. Please see my feedback on ebay, Videogon, and Audiogon as a reference. You can use the ebay contact form to e-mail me and verify that the account I'm linking to is mine.

2. Jay Sylvester

Bump.

3. Jay Sylvester

Onkyo sold, Ascends still available.