What's new

FS: Onix Ref 1s, 24" Osiris Stands & Wharfedale sub (1 Viewer)

GaryAR

Agent
The time to upgrade speakers has come and I've got to sell my Onix Ref 1 monitors. For anyone not familiar with them, here are the specs from av123.com. Mine are the current MK II model, they've been babied from the time I got them and kept in a dedicated room - a smoke free, pet free, and child free environment. They're mint, and I can send pictures to anyone who is interested. Just let me know. I'm looking to get $775 for these, and I'm pretty firm on that... these are awesome speakers for that kind of money.

I'm also selling the Osiris stands that I've used with the Ref's. They're 24" high, also in just about perfect condition. If you know anything about stands for monitor speakers, then you probably know that these are just about the best ones out there and unfortunately they're no longer made. I'm looking to get $225 for mine.

Finally, the sub. Comp USA put the Wharfedale speakers on closeout and I bought one of the subs for $95 (here is a detailed description of it). I'm upgrading to Bastanis Prometheus speakers, which have dual powered subs so I no longer need the Wharfedale. It's a little strange looking, but it is a pretty decent sub. These seem to be going for about $200 around the web, I'd just like to get $85 out of it. It's basically brand new too, I only bought it a few weeks ago, so I think that's a pretty fair price.

A money order would be the preferred means of payment, but I'll also take paypal (and unlike just about everybody else selling used gear I won't expect the buyer to pay the fee (which I don't even think is legal, but that's beside the point)).

I'll sell the speakers & stands together or separated, if you're interested send me an email at gary at pandathumbaudio dot com.

Thanks
Gary

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Hi Gary

What finish do they have.

Gary do know for sure about the fee thing. I thought that too but I wasn't able to find that anywhere on their website 6 weeks ago. would you happen to know where it is?

GaryAR

Agent
Hi Scott

Mine are in Birdseye Maple, guess I forgot to mention that.
This is certainly the best looking finish in my opinion, the only speakers I've seen that look better are the B&W signature 805's, which sell for $3500 or so.

I'm not positive about the paypal fees, I think it was at hometheatertalk.com that someone posted that it's against the law to pass the fees on to a buyer. Much like with credit cards. Anyway, I figure if the buyer is paying for shipping it's only fair for me to cover the paypal fees.

Gary

GaryAR

Agent
*bump*

Price dropped again, now $775 plus shipping and I eat the paypal fee.

Thanks
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks