What's new

FS: NEC 4000Q Line Quadrupler/Doubler (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
== SOLD ==

This is a line doubler and quadruplerthat originally sold for $10K. Excellent condition and build quality. I got it new as a factory closeout.It has two Svideo inputs, one component input, and multiple composite inputs, along with an RGB passthrough. All BNC connectors. Outputs RGBHV signal. No component output unless you add a convertor.

Includes remote control and many adjustment options including both vertical and horizontal detail, chroma delay, motion compensation, sync, NTSC/PAL compatibility for both input and output. Takes only interlaced inputs and does not do it's own anamorphic squish. You'll have to do that at your projector or at your source.

This unit would be pretty desirable just as a high-end video switching device. The throughput quality is immaculate. Also, this unit really shines, IMHO, when tweaking DirecTV signals or LaserDisc for improved appearance. And, obviously, interlaced DVD input looks wonderful!

I'm replacing this with an FE scaler that fits a bit better with the eccentricities of my FPTV. The FE does a bit better job with seriously flawed video content (bad edits, anime, etc.) but the image quality is very close. In fact, the NEC probably has better color intensity and a trace more dimensionality in the image.

If you've been thinking about something like a iScan Pro in the same price range, this is MUCH better. (I owned an iScan v1 that my NEC replaced.)

In new condition with original packaging, cables, manual, etc. (You will need your own RGBHV cable but I have one 25 ft cable available for purchase if you need it.)

Price: $900 plus shipping

If you have questions, drop me an email. Sorry, but I can't find the manual that NEC once had posted online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks