What's new

FS: Must sell- Like New Sherbourne 7.1 Pre/Pro/Tuner. (1 Viewer)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
This pre/pro (PT-7010A) can be found on Audiogon for about $1100 with the HDMI switcher that is included by Sherbourn at no charge.

Mine does not have the switcher but if you call Ron Fone at Sherbourn and explain you have the PT-7010A, they'll probably ship it to you for very little money.

Therefore, I think that $650 OBO is a fair and good price for this unit. I have the mnaual, original box and the Home Theater Master 500 (Never used) that came with it.

PM with any inquiries.

Description -

24-bit, Crystal Semiconductor® analog-to-digital converter and 24-bit, 192 kHz Analog Devices® digital-to-analog converters
32-bit, 20 Mhz control processor
24-bit, 150 MIPS Motorola Sympony™ DSP processor
Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS ES and DTS NEO: 6 decoding modes
Support for all digital sampling rates to 96 Khz
Digital Domain treble and bass control as well as bass management function
DSP “simulated” surround mode for enhancement of two-channel source
Direct two-channel analog bypass mode
Gold-plated input and output connectors and balanced XLR outputs and unbalanced RCA outputs
Six A/V inputs, each with audio, S-video and composite video with three A/V outputs, each with audio, S-video and composite video
Eight-channel analog input with separate RCA connectors for DVD-audio format
Three component video inputs and two component video outputs
Automatic video transcoding: up converts composite and s-video sources to component video
Six coaxial and four digital inputs and coaxial and optical digital outputs, including from analogue and down-mixed 5.1 sources
AM/FM tuner with 40 presets
Three audio only inputs including MM phono stage
Two tape outputs
Record outputs feature down-mixed two-channel output from a 5.1 digital source
Four sub-woofer output connectors
7.1 channel outputs plus stereo side outputs for a total of 9.1 channels
Party mode for two-channel playback through all speakers
Zone Two can play sources independent of the main zone
Trigger outputs for both zones
IR control of both zones with rear IR ports and discrete codes
RS-232 control port with discrete codes
Flash memory upgradable through RS-232 port

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The HDMI switcher is connected through the RS-232 connector and acts just like HDMI was built into the processor? Pretty clever solution. Wonder what version HDMI it is?

You wouldn't happen to have any photos of the unit, front and back? I've never understood why, as in that audiogon auction, a seller includes photos of the boxes. That ain't what everyone wants to see, although it's good to know that they're included.

I take it that this won't output anything over HDMI that didn't come from an HDMI source? In other words, a component input must be output through a component output and can't go through the HDMI box for a one connection setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks