FS: Mitsubishi 55857 (ISF Calibrated) Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin N, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Stunt Coordinator

I've come to realize within the past couple of weeks that I won't be moving into any apartments or especially houses with a large living room in the near future as I'm going back to school for 3 years. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this set, I just need a smaller 4:3 set due to the nature of the shows that I watch. This TV has had content played in full mode about 95% of the time, so there is no burn in whatsoever. Also the case is free of defects save 1 very minor scuff on the edge of the TV (a half inch or so on the back left of the TV, not really noticeable).
    The TV was ISF calibrated by Steve Martin (cheezmo) here in Dallas on both SD and HD inputs. This process took about 8 hours. He performed:
    -Standard ISF Calibration (grey levels, color temperature, etc)
    -Mechanical focus
    -Static focus
    -Lens cleaning
    -Geometry with grid
    -Red push fix on all inputs (no attenuators needed)
    -IRIS fix to adjust brightness only (as opposed to contrast and brightness originally) depending on room conditions. This is a great feature.
    -Inside of cabinet is lined with Duvatyne to reduce cabinet reflections
    -Glass protector removed, but I still have it in perfect condition if you would like it.
    Again, let me stress that this is a beautiful TV and is unbelievable with 16:9 anamorphic content and also looks very good with DirecTV etc when you're sitting further away than I am (only 6' away). I'm more than happy to do demos for anyone who is interested. You can also see a few pics of the TV at the link in my sig.
    Buyer would be responsible for taking delivery on the TV. I cannot and will not transport the TV, so you'll either have to drive to Dallas or hire a company to pick it up. [​IMG]
    My asking price is $1999. I originally purchased the set for $3450 and the ISF calibration was $525, putting my total investment at about $4000. If you have any questions or would like a demo please contact me at [email protected] .
    Thanks.

2. Kevin N

Kevin N Stunt Coordinator

I just wanted to make a real quick update to this. I placed a call to a local store and described the TV (which he knew since that's where I bought it from) description, as well as the ISF calibration to him. He advised me that the set would more than likely be worth about $1999, so I changed the price on the set. Thanks for looking. [​IMG]