FS- Mint condition Proceed AMP 5 with blank warranty card and OBM

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yogi, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Excellent condition, one week old, with full warranty (blank warranty card), OBM.

In league with the best multichannel amps like Theta, Krell and Pass. Dont let its modest ratings fool you. It sounds more powerful than most 200w/ch amplifiers due to its true high current delivery(which is what is needed to control the woofers and not watts) that doubles its output into 4 ohms (250W/ch). It is stable into 2 ohm loads and that is something not many amps are capable of. Its a very transparent/neutral amp. So if you are into warm or colored sound look elsewhere. This amp will present the true essense of the recording (warts and all).

Widescreen uses it in its reference system to evaluate other multichannel amps. In the words of Richard Hardesty in Widescreen Review:

"The AMP5 sets new standards for sound quality from a multi channel amplifier. This amplifier is dead quiet and so colorless that it seems to place nothing between you and the recording venue. This product has virtually limitless power which is particularly noticeable when driving low impedance speakers. It offers outstanding bass response and control, exceptional detail resolution, and simply the best imaging that I have heard from any multi-channel unit. Its smooth, natural and musical but never soft sounding. What more can I say? This is a great amplifier.

At $4995 the Proceed AMP 5 isn't exactly cheap, but I still think that it's a bargain. This amplifier is so powerful and it sounds so good that it rivals the very best amplifiers designed for critical music listening, all of which costs a lot more. This is a reference by which I'll judge all multi-channel amplifiers until I hear something better. If you can afford it, buy it." - RICHARD HARDESTY, WIDESCREEN REVIEW

Asking $2995 Firm.

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

What if I were to make that $2995 OBO?