What's new

Fs Marantz Sr8300 Digital Surround Receiver (1 Viewer)

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator
The Marantz 6.1-channel SR8300 Digital Surround Receiver offers advanced features and technologies such as premium Crystal 24-bit/192kHz D/A converters on all channels, wide-bandwidth component video switching with two component video inputs, software upgradeability, multi-room A/V operation with improved RS-232C control capability, and many additional performance and convenience functions. The receiver delivers 120 watts of power into each of its six main channels for clear, powerful multichannel home theater sound, and includes an extensive array of audio and video connections to accommodate a wide variety of program sources. Adding to its versatility, the SR8300 is supplied with Marantz's RC3200 touch-screen remote. THX Select Certified, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic, Circle Surround and much more.

I bought this locally from a B/M store "A" stock so its not a refurb. Please contact me w/ any ?? or if you want pics. 100% positive feedback on EBAY under "berkeleylake".

Price is $800 obo + shipping

MSRP - $1799

http://us.marantz.com/c_sr8300.pdf

Ron_Phelps

Stunt Coordinator
I really don't want to do this but finances dictate otherwise - I have used this cherry 8300 in my living room to power an all Klipsch 5 channel system and a zone 2 system in my basement. You can use the on-board amps for zone 2 but I use an external 100 watt amp. One nice feature about this receiver is that you don't have to turn the receiver on to power zone 2 that way. Price lowered to $750 plus shipping. This is a nice unit with exceptional warm sound - no problems powering a home theater system - I believe that whoever gets this receiver will be more than happy with it. Make me a real offer.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sticking with mine for now :) I'm quite happy with this receiver. Plenty of power and a very nice, musical sound. A solid performer for sure.

For those of you who are music listeners, it also has one very nice feature when listening in stereo via a digital connection called ADDC. This cascades all the DACs into the two main channels for even better performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks