FS: Marantz SR-8200 receiver with RC3200 programmable touchscreen remote

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by ChrisDixon, May 9, 2005.

1. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

I bought this THX Select unit new about 2 1/2 years ago, and it is still in fantastic shape. Retail price was $1,700. It also includes the Marantz RC3200 backlit programmable touchscreen remote Retail: $329) which was almost never used (due to a previously existing universal remote that we were used to). The price is $750 plus shipping. Local sale to greater Pittsburgh, PA is even better. This is a great video switcher, but the real strength comes from the audio and music quality. It has some music-related features that are not in the latest Marantz 8x00 models (dual differential DACs for example).

Specifications
    Power Output: 120Wpc into 8 ohms, six channels continuously driven 20Hz–20kHz
    Number of channels: Six
    Surround-decoding formats: Dolby Digital, THX Surround EX, DTS-ES (matrix and discrete), DTS Neo:6, Dolby Pro Logic II, Circle Surround 5.1, multiple generic formats
    Video Inputs: Five S-video and five composite; two component.
    Audio Inputs: Eight line-level analog, 7.1-channel input; three coax digital and three optical digital
    Dimensions: 17 5/16" x 7.25" x 18 7/8"
    Weight: 42.5 lbs.
    Made in Japan

Chris

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    So what are you replacing it with? [​IMG]

3. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

I actually replaced it with Anthem separates a few months ago (AVM30/PVA7). I've been going back and forth on whether I want to keep the 8200 because I really like it. As you have seen in my posts in other threads, I'm kind of disappointed in the direction that Marantz went with the latest models. I'm putting it up for sale to raise money for a good universal DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD player.

Chris

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

emailed you

5. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

I just realized that the e-mail address that was attached to my name was wrong. Anyone who e-mailed me prior to Tuesday morning will have to re-send (except Chris PC who I'm already in touch with). Sorry for the confusion.

Chris

6. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

Price reduced to $750.

7. James Brian

James Brian Auditioning

that's a good price but i have no money now

8. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

I usually don't bump my own posts, but I'm surprised that this is not getting more attention. Here is a post from less than two months ago (not by me) saying that used 8200s are going for $800-$850.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...26#post2614526

My price is $750. Use a private message or the e-mail link to contact me.

Thanks,
    Chris

9. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

Ok, I'm finally getting back to this (been way too busy to think about it). I know I could put it elsewhere, but I just want to get this done. Price reduced again: now $725.

Chris

10. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

Reduced to $700 to match AVS post.

11. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

This is still for sale at $700. The same exact unit just sold on this site for $750 (as you can see in this link: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=234926). Perhaps he did a better job of describing why many consider it to be better than the current 8x00 models. I think my remote is probably in better shape too, since I almost never used it (due to having another remote that we already had programmed).

Chris