1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Marantz MM9000 THX Ultra Certified 5-Channel Amp - Brand New In Unopened Box**

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Alexander, May 2, 2002.

1. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

150 watts x 5 channel power output (into 8 ohms), featuring fully discrete output topology with high-current output transistors. The MM-9000 can drive even difficult loudspeaker loads with ease. Oversized power supply featuring a massive toroidal transformer and high-capacity electrolytic capacitors, for generous power reserves even when reproducing demanding action movie soundtracks at high volumes. Premium-quality internal components used throughout for maximum signal purity. The MM-9000 reproduces movie soundtracks and surround sound music discs with extraordinary clarity, resolution and dynamic range. The MM9000 is equipped with peak power indicators which indicate when the amplifier has attained maximum power. THX Ultra certified-the highest level of THX certification available, given only to audio/video components that meet the very highest standards of performance and sound quality.
    *150 watts (into 8 ohms) x 5 channel power output
    *Oversized high-capacity toroidal transformer
    *Premium quality internal components
    *THX Ultra® certified
    *Individual input level control
    *3 auto power on/off options – via DC trigger, video-sense
    connections, or via wireless remote control
    *D-BUS remote connection
    *Peak level indicators
    *Heavy-duty banana plug-compatible speaker terminals
    *AC convenience outlet
    This unit is brand new in a sealed box. Excellent sound and very powerful. Price: $650 shipped. Send me an email if you're interested and thanks for looking.

2. Kevin Alexander

Special price for HTF brethren!!! Price lowered to $650 shipped. This amp should be gone by now. I'll have to eBay it tomorrow.

3. Kevin Alexander

Bump of the day before going to eBay. I am really surprised that no one has jumped all over this.

4. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

Yes, me too.

If I didn't already have one, I would be all over this.

5. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

If I could convince the wife to let me part with the money, I would be all over it. But alas, I will have to wait for the future. G/L. I looked over on E-Bay just for grins and saw one (and only one) listed there for quite a bit more than what you are asking...

6. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

I would have to third the opinion here. The Marantz amp is an incredible value for the money. i would say that it even competes with the Outlaw 750 in terms of sound quality, if not with total build quality(this is not a rip on the Marantz, just that the Outlaw is so well built). I would say that either Ebay or Audiogon would be your best best, it seems that on Ebay the MM9000 is a very popular item. Good luck in selling it, and I would snatch this up if I didnt have one too.

7. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

Man- this amp is JUST a little bit above my budget, otherwise I would already click the "BUY IT NOW" button!

8. Kevin Alexander

Thanks for the testimonials guys! This amp is tenatively sold. Thanks for all the emails.

9. Kevin Alexander

sold