What's new

FS: Marantz MA 700 + Citation 7.4 THX sub (1 Viewer)

Steve_D

Second Unit
I would like to sell this as a package, since passive subs are hard to get rid of. Offering both for $350 + shipping firm. Shipping will be expensive unless you are local or close($100?), this sub weighs 85 lbs and is large.
Even with shipping, this is a steal for a 14" THX certified Sub powered by a 250 watt (at the rated 6 ohms of the sub) Stereophile Class C amp. Both were bought at the same time by me in Dec '99 and very well cared for, with no performance issues.
I did replace the internal Freq resistor with a new Citation warranty part. The amp has a very small spot where tape was on it and it pulled a couple flecks of paint off.
------------------
Link Removed

Daniel_G

Grip
I would be interested in buying the MA700 separetaly if you are not able too sell the sub and amp together. Need a nice amp to power my new SVS! :)

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
Im interested in the sub, and possibly the amp. Only thing i dont understand is ive never heard of class C being used for powering speakers. from what i remember class C involves driving a resonant tank with timed pulses and modulating the amplitude. Ive only heard of it being used for making an AM radio transmitor. Any sites that would have info on this amp???

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
*class c* refers to the grade (c) stereophile gave the amp...nothing to do with the design( except incidentally of course).
TV

Steve_D

Second Unit
Ryan,
Tom (of course) nailed it, Class C was the rating Stereophile gave the amp, which is an amazing rating given the price. I believe it is a class AB amp, its similar to Marantz's current 6100 except rated at 200 watts in to 8 ohms, 250 into 6, and 300 into 4....all 20-20K ratings.
BTW, I got a quote from FedEx for shipping to the West Coast and it was ~$60 for the sub, and $15 for the amp, so I think shipping won't be as bad as I feared (assuming they don't turn me away at the counter, the measurements in box are right at the cusp!)
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by Steve_D on August 23, 2001 at 08:29 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks