FS: Marantz CD changer, Theta DAC, 2pr XLR cables, Kimber speaker cable, AR speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Thomas_Berg, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    time to clean all the old stuff out that i don't use anymore! everything you see for sale here is only for sale due to recent upgrades.

first up: my faithful Marantz CC-4000 5-cd changer. was purchased NEW from hifi.com in August of '01 (i believe they are the authorized internet dealer) and has seen moderate use since then. i'm rating this as a 7/10 only cuz the front of the unit was scratched and dinged up a little in my most recent move (see pics). the unit has great internal DACs, and it also has a coax s/pdif output. i have the original box, manual, packing materials, and remote that came with the unit, and am asking $99 + split shipping.

box
    CDP & DAC

next is the DAC i used with the player. although the Marantz's DACs are very good, the ones in the Theta arent even in the same league IMO. this Theta DS Pro Basic II has four 18-bit Burr Brown DACs (2 per channel). you can add this DAC to any cd player to get crisper, cleaner sound from your CD collection. this DAC has 3 coaxial digital s/pdif inputs and one coax output. analog outputs include one pair of high quality RCA jacks and one pair of XLR jacks. detachable power cord included. please note that the unit can be upgraded through any Theta dealer to meet the exact specs of the current models. unit is rated 8/10 on the Audiogon scale only because i'm the 2nd owner. i do have the manual and the original box, and will pack it securely with lots of foam. the Audiogon bluebook value on this unit is $375, and my price will be just under that at $360 + shipping. buy the Marantz and the Theta together and i'll cut you a deal with a custom made digital cable for free!

CDP & DAC

also for sale: 1pr XLR analog L/R cables (1m) by Wasatch Cable Works. model number: XLR-203. these cables are a very smooth and detailed with excellent low-end punch and are in great condition. 9/10. asking $65 + split shipping.

Wasatch 1m XLRs

i also have a spare set of low-noise XLRs i purchased from my local pro audio shop for $25. nothing fancy, just a basic 2m pair of XLR cables that are great for the money. $12 + ship. SOLD

Pro audio XLRs

also available: one 10' pair of Kimber Kable 8PR speaker wire. the cable is a biwire cable, but can be re-terminated as a single cable if you so desire (it'll only take a minute or two). each cable has 6 gold plated audiophile quality banana plugs (these alone cost me $3 each. there's 2 on the amp end & 4 on the speaker end). please note that there are 6 that are about 1.5 cm long and 6 that are about 2.25cm long. they are all sonic equals, but my dealer ran out of the smaller ones and sold me the more expensive longer ones for the same price. i'm asking $60 + ship for the pair.

Kimber 8PR biwire

i also have some Home Depot 14ga speaker wire for sale. i have two SINGLE runs: one 25' and one 28'. i'm asking $15 for both total, + shipping. this would be great to divide up and wire a small HT with. cable is in great cosmetic and sonic condition.

2 individual runs of Home Depot 14ga speaker cable

and finally: one pair of Acoustic Research 215PS speakers. these were the surrounds in my old 5.1 setup (before i moved to 2-ch only) and served me well for the ~3months or so i owned them. these would be great for a small pair of bookshelves in a dorm room or as 5.1 or 7.1 surrounds in a full blown HT. i think i paid around $110 for the pair; will sacrifice for $50 + shipping. SOLD

AR 215PS

*** TO VIEW FULLSIZE, NON 56K-FRIENDLY PICS, REMOVE THE '_small' FROM THE FILENAME LINK ***

disclaimer: all 'shipped' or 'split shipping' prices apply only to HTF members living in the lower 48 states. i'm willing to ship elsewhere at your expense, but please email me first.

for references, i'm a Master Trader here at the HTF. if you need more refs than that, please email me and i can link you to my other profiles on other trading websites.

payment is accepted via paypal (please specify how you will be paying, ie: credit card or bank transfer), or in the form of a money order. i will NOT accept personal checks as they are too much of a hassle to deal with and too slow overall. please feel free to email me with any questions or offers you might have.

UPDATE: i will be out of town from this Wednesday through this coming Monday without access to email. that's why i'm editing this post rather than bumping [​IMG]

2. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

You have an email for cables & dual bananas.
    Jerry

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    Jerry

i can't seem to reply to your email address...i get the message back whenever i try to send it. you have a PM.

4. Jerry Klawiter

Thomas,
    I did get your PM, Check for the paypal payment within the next few minutes. My email indeed works, It just has those goofy two underscores __ not just one _
    Thank you [​IMG]
    -Jerry

5. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    update: the speakers, the pro audio XLR cables, and all the small accessories are sold.

6. Jerry Klawiter

Just to let the membership know, I purchased a few items from Tom's list here & they have all arrived as described.
    Thanks for the prompt shipping Tom [​IMG]