What's new

FS Loaded HTPC With Blue-Ray/HDDVD Combo Drive (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
This was put together with all new parts and I built 2 of them. I will check to make sure everything works but here's what you get. I will include all box's and Software. Has HDMI, DVI, and VGA Out along with SPDIF incase you arent using the HDMI.

Case - Theraltake Tenor HTPC Box (Black)
CPU - AMD X2 Dual Core 5200+
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD
Memory - 4 GB of DDR2 5300 667Mhz
Power Supply - Coolmaster eXtreme Power 550W
Hard Drive - Seagate 320GB Sata
DVD Burner - Asus Litescribe 18x DVD Burner (Etches images in DVD's)
Blue-Ray/HDDVD - LG GGC-H20L Blue-Ray/HDDVD Player
Software - Vista Premium(Will send DVD and serial # along)
Software - Power DVD Ultra needed for Blue-Ray/HDDVD

As you can see this is loaded and plays both Blu-Ray and HDDVD's. The Power DVD software alone is a $100 and the nice thing about the drive is it has the auto firmware update for any new movies that come out. The Combo Drive supposedly burns regular DVD's but I threw a Litescribe Burner on there as I like the Lightscribe feature.

I won't sell for any less then $1100 shipped as everything cost wise I will break about even after shipping.

Thanks

vlam

Auditioning
Real Name
Van K. Lam
Steve,

Would you sell the GGC-H20L alone? I thought this drive could do litescribe.

BMillikan

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Millikan
I guess I can go look at M/B on the gigabyte web site (I've had bad experiences with them in the past, but I had a computer with a gigabyte board in it). But, does the M/B have built-in firewire (one in the back and maybe a header for the front)? What about # of USB ports. Does the case itself have front USB and/or firewire ports? Is the HD SATA150 or SATA II (3.0 Gb/s)? What about the optical drives? Are they just parallel ATA or SATA? Does the case have any kind of display on it (VFD or whatever). You didn't mention a remote, does it have one?

That is a pretty good deal after doing some research myself into building an HTPC. I was actually going to wait for the HD optical player (until the format war was over and done with). But, I guess you can't lose if you can play either format (although there are rumors of a third "competitor" looming out there that still uses "red laser" instead of "blue").

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Mother Board is highly recommended. Check Out AVSFORUM.com

Has Firewire on Back and Side
Hard Drive is Sata II 3.0MB
4 USB's on Back and 2 on side
Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive is also SATA and Jas Lite Scribe so I will tale out the ASUS unless you still want it which is also SATA
No VFD on Case but that is an option for like $80 thru Thermaltake
MCE Remote included

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks