FS: Lexicon DC-1 w/ ver. 4.0 software, AC-3, DTS, etc.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron E. Smith, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Aaron E. Smith

Aaron E. Smith Stunt Coordinator

Lexicon DC-1 - asking $1300.

Shipping will be $35 inside the continental USA and will include insurance for $2000. Processor will ship double-boxed for added shipping safety.

My Lexicon DC-1 is in near mint condition (it has zero cosmetic or functional flaws, but I am reluctant to label anything used as 'mint'). The DC-1 comes with its original box, manuals/booklets, power cord, and two remotes. It has version 4.0 of Lexicon's software as well as THX, Dolby Digital, and DTS. This is a fully-loaded and up-to-date DC-1 (as up-to-date as a DC-1 can be).

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. If you'd like some feedback references, please view my eBay rating. My eBay membership ID is: burrelm.

Thanks!

2. Aaron E. Smith

Bump

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Would it be stupid to assume this is a laserdisc player, or have I stumbled into the if-you-have-to-ask-you-needn't-bother department?
    [​IMG]

4. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

if-you-have-to......LOL. Its a pre-pro.

5. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

Nope. The Lexicon is not a laserdisc player. It's a suround processor. And by the way..I don't think there is such a thing as a "stupid question' on this forum. That's one of the reason it's here; for people to learn!!

6. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Ah, see there. I'm glad I asked. [​IMG]
    In looking back at the OP, I have no idea why I thought it was an LD player. I guess I must've thought one of those "DC-1"s read "AC-3."

7. Aaron E. Smith

Like Carl said, there are no stupid questions here. And yes, the Lexicon DC-1 is a pre-pro or surround processor or whatever label is most appropriate.

BTW, I'm dropping my asking price to $1250 plus shipping.

8. Adam

Adam Stunt Coordinator

I have one of these. I paid $4000 for it, new. This is basically a bargain basement DC-2 with a few less digital inputs. This has the famous logic 7 modes, for prologic sources and equals or betters DPLII, IMHO. It has DD/DTS EX and can apply logic-7 to DD and DTS as well, with side and rear surrounds.

I have nothing to do with Aaron, but just thought this info was important.