What's new

FS Kenwood VR-707A Receiver $165 (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Only a couple of weeks old and I will include the receipt for warranty purposes. The "A" behind the 707 means that this the upgraded version which now has Component Cable Switching ability. Retails for $399 my asking price is $165. This Receiver is identical to the Kenwood VR-7070 except it does not have the THX Certification. The 7070 retails for $600!!!!! It is Silver in Color also, very Sleek.

Riveting 6.1-channel home theater excitement is yours with the VR-707. This receiver delivers dynamic multichannel movie and music thrills via 100 watts x 6 channels of clean Kenwood power. An advanced 24-bit processor supplies precise Dolby® Digital EX, DTS, and Dolby Pro Logic® II decoding.
None of your home theater speakers need to be left out when you're playing music or older video sources, thanks to Kenwood's Circle Surround modes. These let you transform any stereo or surround source into convincing 6.1 audio. You also get five audio DSP modes to enhance any music source with the ambience of your choice. Kenwood's Midnight Theater modes let you enjoy the full dynamic range of Dolby Digital sources at reduced volume levels, so you don't disturb sleeping housemates.

The VR-707 offers an impressive array of inputs to build a great A/V system, including 3 digital inputs, S-video switching for 2 sources, and a 5.1-channel analog input for a DVD-Audio or SACD player. The multibrand remote is pre-programmed to operate the basic functions of most brands of A/V gear, for easy control of your whole system. Silver finish.

Key Features:

100 watts x 6 into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.7% THD
Dolby Digital EX, DTS and Pro Logic II
24-bit processing
96kHz/24-bit D/A converters
5 audio DSP modes (Arena, Theater, Jazz Club, Stadium, Disco)
2-stage Midnight Theater mode
multibrand remote
digital inputs: 1 optical, 2 coaxial
3 audio inputs, and 3 A/V inputs (including 2 S-video and one 5.1-channel)
no phono input
40 AM/FM presets
1 set of main speaker outputs
17-5/16"W x 5-11/16"H x 12-7/8"D
KAM-1 Power Amplifier Circuitry: This exclusive Kenwood modular amplifier circuit doubles electrical efficiency, producing more power while generating less heat. KAM-1 offers superior sound quality and reliability.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Pro Logic
Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music)
DTS
Arena
Jazz Club
Stadium
Theater
Disco
RC-R0824 IR Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote communicates with the receiver via infrared transmission. It is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on other brands of components, including TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, VCRs, and DTV decoders. In addition, the remote can control the following Kenwood components: cassette decks, CD players, and MD recorders/players.
System Control: This receiver is equipped with two Kenwood SL16 system control jacks. Certain Kenwood CD players, cassette decks and MiniDisc recorders that are connected to this receiver through the SL16 control jacks can utilize the following system control operations:
Automatic Operation: When you start playback from a source component, the input selector on the receiver switches to that component automatically.
Remote Control: You can operate the connected component with the receiver's remote control.
Synchronized Recording: You can synchronize recording with the start of playback when recording from CD, MD or analog discs.
DVD/6-Channel Input: The Audio/Video input labeled "DVD/6-Ch Input" combines the DVD analog input with the multi-channel input for an external decoder. If you are connecting a DVD player using the stereo analog inputs, you should use the Front Left and Right RCA jacks of this input. If you are connecting an external 5.1-channel decoder or a DVD player with built-in Dolby Digital (and/or DTS) decoding, you should use all 6 RCA jacks (Front L+R, Surround L+R, Center and Subwoofer). In addition to the 6 audio input jacks, there are composite and S-Video jacks.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 707 is NOT exactly the same as the 7070 minus the THX certification. It is much lighter, has less features, and is 2 steps down the line.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Sorry Stephen didn't mean to hit to insult you but the 707A does have pretty much the same features. Is 7070 better, yes but is it worth an extra $300 compared to this receiver no. I've heard them both.

Anyway this is a for sale post if your not interested then please don't post!!!

Why don't I send the Receiver back simple. 15% Restocking fee and I pay shipping. Why am I selling well thats also simple. I got this for my Dad and set it up for him and he doesn't want it. I own one of these myself and it is well worth the price compared to other receivers that have the same features.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Last reduction before Ebay.

$150 shipped to anywhere on the East Coast and Central U.S.A or $160 Shipped to anywhere on West Coast.

This is the upgraded version of the Kenwood VR-707 which includes Component Switching as a feature of the Receiver. 2 COMPONENT INS 1 COMPONENT OUT.

The Kenwood without the Component Upgrade retails for $249.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks