FS: JVC SX21 D-ILA Projector, Anthem AVM 20 Proc, Pioneer LD-S9 LD Player

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by alan halvorson, Mar 30, 2004.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I can't believe I am selling the following items, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

All equipment is in perfect physical, electrical, and mechanical condition. None of it has required repair. Other than the AVM 20, the original box and packing will be used. I will double box (if I can find a suitable box) for $20 more. Insured ground shipping to the lower 48 states is included and will be via your choice of USPS or UPS. WARNING! Negotiated prices do NOT include insured shipping. Alaska, Hawaii and Canada will be actual cost. I prefer buyers in the USA and Canada only, please.

Payment will be by money order, cashiers check, cash or credit card via PAYPAL. PAYPAL USERS MUST HAVE A VERIFIED ACCOUNT WITH A CONFIRMED ADDRESS. NO EXCEPTIONS! I prefer that you are known to me, but I’m not making this a hard and fast rule. It will depend somewhat on how long you’ve been a member here, and other factors. All payments must be in USA funds. I prefer USPS Postal or Western Union money orders. All other money orders and cashiers checks will be subject to a delay for clearance (too easily faked). NO personal or company checks. Cash is entirely at your risk. I strongly discourage cash, but if you must, I urge you to send it well concealed via registered mail.

I have been a member of this forum since 1998 and have successfully dealt with many members in sales and trades. I am on the GTL list. My Ebay id is nutgoodie. My Ebay rating is 609 with no negatives or neutrals. I will speak via phone to serious buyers on request.

FOR SALE ONLY!

1.) JVC SX21 D-ILA (LCOS) , SXGA (1400 x 1050) resolution, 4:3 front projector with Chief ceiling mount. This is one of the best digital projectors being manufactured today. Three chips, no color wheel, no rainbows, no headaches, highest fill rate of any digital projector, most film-like and higher resolution than practically all DLP and LCD projectors, even in its 16:9 mode (1400 x 788).

This link will explain it all better than I can.

I am the original owner. I bought this through the AVS Forum a few months ago and, for reasons I don't want to get into, have never set it up. I have mainly turned it on and run some video through it to verify its working status, and that's it. So, it's as good as brand spankin' new. Comes with manual, remote, manual, original box, packing and accessories. The manual is simply a quick guide; the entire manual is on CD-ROM, or can be printed from here.

I am asking $5,500.

2.) Anthem AVM 20. SOLD! I don't have a surround system and it looks like I won't for a while. I sit within 3 feet of my equipment. I have manually operated my equipment for umpteen years. Thus, as wonderful as this piece is, I don't need it. Version level is 1.12. To bring it up to current spec requires a DSP board and a software download. Everything you need to know about this piece is here.

I am the original owner. I have closely examined the piece and can find no physical flaws. It worked perfectly while I used it, which was up to about a month ago. The manual and remote are included, but somebody thought it would be peachy keen to use the box for something else. I pack very well, so there will be no worries there; it's just not the original packing.

I am asking $2,000.

3.) Finally, I can't believe I'm selling the following. It means the end of an era for me; I'm substantially (but not totally – I’ll still have my trusty Pioneer LD-S2) getting out of laser disc. If you’re interested, you better get it before my mood changes. Pioneer LD-S9 laser disc player. This is one of the best laser disc players ever built, second only to the even more expensive HLD-X9. Extremely hard to find. Both sides play, top-notch comb-filter, RF out, all the good stuff except no Muse capability. Sold in Japan only. I bought it new from Nick Santini. Must be used with a voltage transformer (included). There is no warrantee in this country as this player was never exported here. It is, however, very close to an Elite CLD-99 and should be serviceable in this country (I am told this is true). Gold color.

Remote, manual and original box and packing are included.

I am asking $1500.

The above means that a large part of my laser disc collection will be sold. I have one of the largest and best collections you'll ever come across. Included are box sets, Criterions, music, and many rarities, as well as a lot of run-of-the-mill stuff. If you have a particular want, please don't hesitate to ask. I will be making a list, but it takes time.

Post here and either E-mail
    Alan Halvorson or PM me.

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Prices adjusted.