What's new

FS: ISF Calibrated Toshiba TW40x81 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Hello all,
I have for sale a 40" Widescreen RPTV, a toshiba TW40x81. This set is in excellent condition, has never had any mechanical problems, and most importantly has been professionally calibrated by HTF's own Gregg Loewen.
Some enhancments made to this television include:
Disable SVM
Exact Geometry, convergence
Removal of reflective outer screen
Mechanical and Electrical focus
Grayscale set to 6500K for the entire screen
Color, tint, brightness, etc. set.
Asking price: $1,000.00
contact Jeff at
[email protected]

Michael_V

Second Unit
Ah, my first love in Home Theater, the TW40X81! Great set at an amazing price (mine was $2500 delivered). Not sure people realize how good this television is. In many ways, it is better than the current crop of RPTVs coming out, which all seem to upconvert their signals to the detriment of the pristine picture still available on this creampuff! And with ISF calibration thrown in. . . .
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yes, and also don't forget, as far as I know, this is one of the last sets to allow access to the designer menu, before all the companies started locking out access to those settings.

Michael_V

Second Unit
Yes, for the love of humanity, DO NOT PASS ON THIS SET! Much, much more television than a grand will get you anywhere else guaranteed. This is the original HT enthusiast workhorse. Check out the Keohi site (http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/) to see the wealth of tweaks available for this beauty!

Anthony.Lin

Stunt Coordinator
jeff, I sent it to the right address.. but it might be my e-mail service that is acting up - although I highly doubt it.

I got your e-mail and replied to it a while ago, so tell me if you've received it or not.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I have to agree this is one fine RPTV and when ISF'd just spectacular! The blacks on mine are just as good as any CRT FP around. Louis Carliner was astounded after he finished his magic on mine. Remember all current sets lock out the ISF techs from the designer menu which prevents further tweaking. This is a great buy on this unit. If I had room in my bedroom for another one I'd buy it!

Good Luck,
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks