FS: Iscan Ultra + VGA->Component cable

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Nathan_R, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

I bought an Iscan Ultra last week to scale my laserdisc player and my primary dvd player. Since then, I have retired the LD player (again) and purchased the Norcent dvd player, so I don't exactly need this.

I have used the unit less than one hour-- just long enough to set it up and then open the door for the FedEx guy with my Norcent.

Everything is original. I have the original box, manuals, packaging, etc. I am including one of the 3 vga->component cables that I've purchased.

I'm asking $650 shipped from 30319. I will only ship to the lower 48 states. I accept Paypal and money orders, but I'd prefer PayPal. I'm on the good traders list. [​IMG]

Please feel free to drop me a line at nathan_r AT atlhometheater DOT com with questions.

Best regards,
    ~~Nathan

2. Nathan_R

Price reduced-- $650 shipped to lower 48. [​IMG]

3. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

Ill purchase the vga->component video cable. How much do u want for it?

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Did the Iscan Ultra not make a large difference with your laserdisc player? Isn't the ultra supposed to upconvert 4x3 letterbox to 16x9?

5. Nathan_R

Greg,
    Yes, it actually made a huge difference for the LD player. It has fantastic scaling abilities-- so good in fact, that I sat and cycled them through over and over again just to see the difference in the shape of Darth Vader's helmet. [​IMG]

The deinterlacer also beat the crap out of my Integra DPC-7.4's chip. Ah, aspect ratio contro, how do I love you? Let me count the ways...

Alex,
    Sorry, but I'm not interested in selling the cable alone. It's a bonus for the iScan.

Best regards,
    ~~Nathan

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Plug for a good product. I just bought an iScan Ultra for a number of reasons, mainly the vertical stretch and the aspect ratio correction. I haven't thoroughly compared the Ultra with my previous iScan Pro, but I'm sure its a slight improvement. DVD's look great, and the stretch for non-anamorphic stuff works flawlessly. I can't believe how good standard NTSC cable TV looks on this thing. The SiI504 de-interlacer is on par with Faroujda stuff I'm sure. I love this thing. Remote control and all kinds of cool things like dual inputs for all of composite, S-video and component, and a VGA passthrough, and DVI output.

7. Nathan_R

word. [​IMG]

8. Nathan_R

Price lowered to $650 shipped to lower 48.