FS: HK AVR520, Pronto TSU1000, DLO Transdock Micro

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Scott Kriefall, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall Second Unit

Scott
    For sale:

Harman Kardon AVR520 5.1 A/V receiver

With original box, remote control, manual, etc. This is in great shape, but I'm no longer using it. I'll probably miss the Logic 7 decoding. Has everything you'd expect in an HK receiver -- Dolby Digital, DTS, ProLogic II, etc. 75W x 5. Real HK watts!

$200 + shipping (was $225 + shipping)

Philips Pronto TSU1000 programmable remote control

The original programmable remote with large LCD touchscreen. Fully customizable using Philips ProntoEdit software or the open-source Tonto software. With original box, cable, etc. Software available via download.

$60 + shipping (was $70 + shipping)

Gateway 7508GX A64 3400+ laptop

Less than 1 year old. This laptop has Windows XP Home, an Athlon 64 3400+ processor, 1GB of RAM, 802.11b/g, 60gb 7200rpm hard drive (upgraded from stock 4200rpm drive), 15.4-inch widescreen WXGA LCD, dual-layer DVD+-RW burner, 128MB dedicated ATI Radeon X600 PCI-E video, manual, and the usual collection of ports (ethernet, USB2, firewire, VGA, card reader, etc). Also has more than 2 years remaining on the 3-year Best Buy PSP warranty, which I will transfer to the new owner. I used this on A/C power 95% of the time, so the battery is still like-new with very little wear.

Will ship in the original box. Like most laptops this did not include an operating system CD/DVD, but instead shipped with software to burn your own restore and driver DVDs. I'll include these DVDs.

$850 + shipping (was $900 + shipping)

DLO Transdock Micro

Listen to your iPod through any car stereo with this FM transmitter, and keep the iPod charged at the same time. Plug into your vehicle's cigarette lighter, use the LCD and buttons to selet the FM frequency to transmit on (you can use any frequency), and plug the iPod into the included dock cable. The cable also detaches from the unit and can be used as a standard USB sync & charging cable with your laptop or an iPod USB A/C adapter. This will work with any iPod with a dock connetor. More info here.

The Transdock is in new condition; it was used only twice. After trying both this as well as an iTrip transmitter, I've realized that FM-based iPod adapters do not work well in my Taurus. Time for this to find a new home!

$45 + shipping (was $50 + shipping)

Payment:
    I can accept payment through PayPal or via money order. Items are available for pickup in the SLC, Utah area or can be shipped. Please email me to arrange shipping and payment. Thanks!

My Feedback:
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=827
    http://www.beerology.com/ars/view.cfm?id=1565

2. toddAllen

toddAllen Extra

the harmon kardon has logic 7 ? so is it 7.1 decoding with preamp outputs? does it do component video switching? thanks, todd.

3. Scott Kriefall

Scott
    Yes, the AVR520 supports Logic 7 for 2-channel sources. It does not support adding Logic 7 on top of Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 sources, but I've been told that most mid-level components with L7 don't support that. I've used the Logic 7 decoding with television sources to yield 5.1 output for a few years and have been happy with the results. I haven't tried the 7.1 mode.

It has 2 component inputs and 1 output. I have not used these, but they are said to be HDTV compatible.

4. Scott Kriefall

Scott
    I've finally pulled the AVR-520 out of the rack, so it's time to move this. I'll consider reasonable offers. I would accept a large (500gb) hard drive as a trade towards the HK.

The Pronto and DLO are also available.

5. Scott Kriefall

Scott
    Bump for lower prices...