What's new

FS: GeForce FX 5900 Ultra (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kiel

Grip
This eVGA Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB is brand new, sealed in the retail box. You can learn more about this card at http://evga.com/5900ultra/

The box lists the following contents: Graphics Card Entertainment bundle including: NVDVD, Ghost Recon (Full version), America's Army installation cd with ADM user's guide warranty/registration card evga sticker pack S-Video Cable VIVO cable

They are going for $400-$450 on EBay, I will sell this one for $375 shipped via Priority Mail to the lower 48 states. I am selling it because I won it at a conference and already have one.

Jeff

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i want it! is it the newer version? because i heard that the older version had bugs, and they recalled it. please make sure it is the newer one, and i will pay for it.

do you accept paypal?

Jeff Kiel

Grip
I do not think this is one that has been recalled, as it was received the 3rd week of July directly from EVGA to the conference host. Do you know if there is a way to check serial numbers? I haven't opened it to try it out, it is still in shrink wrap.

According to EVGA:
The original performance bios that we shipped on the 5900U did have a glitch that affected some of our users. That is what prompted us to release the pure reference bios to those customers. Since then, we have corrected the problem with the bios and made the updated performance bios available on our message board for download.

So, it looks like if there is an issue, it is simply a BIOS update, not a trade in.

BTW, I would prefer paypal, and will ship as soon as I receive payment (same day if humanly possible).

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
you must be at siggraph 2003 in san diego, i was there as well. i dont know how to check the serial number. please do so for me, and if everything were okay, the payment will be sent ASAP.

thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Jeff Kiel

Grip
Sorry about that, tried to help a friend debug some wireless issues last night and got home VERY late. Anyway, the SN is 37328002111 and I couldn't find anything in EVGAs site that would imply that it is one of the ones with the performance clocking issue.

You can look into it if you want to as well. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

[Edit]
OK, I did a little more research and basically they sent some out with a bad BIOS (don't know if this card is one of them). Then they updated with NVIDIAs reference BIOS until they could solve the problem with their "Performance BIOS". They have shipped the fixed version of their "Performance BIOS" and I was able to download it from their site. I can burn it on a CD for you and ship it with the card. This way, if this card has the problem (and even if it doesn't), you can update the BIOS and there should be no issue, no matter what.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
payment is sent.

but, if there were any problem with it, please let me know asap.

today i found 2000 dollar missing from my checking account at citibank ( before i made this payment ). citibank quickly investigated the case, but they are not done yet at this point. they also closed my debit card, the card that i always use to purchase things online. i thought paypal wouldnt work, but i tried it anyway. so, let me know if this payment didnt work, because i seriously want that videocard.

and i also need the card asap...because i am packing. i am leaving united states for good in a few weeks, and i have to ship my stuff ( via ocean ) next week.

thanks

Jeff Kiel

Grip
I shipped the card today via Priority Mail from (basically) Ocala, Fl. I think they say it is 2-3 days delivery, so I hope it will arrive in Chicago in time. Your payment was received without a problem, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks