FS/FT: Sony STR-DE835 w/small problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric F, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I'm not sure what to do with this. It's second hand, and it has a small problem. The left rear channel has a little bit of crackle, not too noticable in normal use (kind of noticable when changing the volume). Small cosmetic scratch on top of unit.

Everything else is just fine (A+B fronts, digital inputs, 6 channel discrete inputs, etc). Original remote and manual. If someone feels they can do a fixer up on this one or for parts it's theirs for a small amount. Certainly good enough for two channels. It's just sitting here.

Trade for some DVDs if you want, maybe $50 worth or something else interesting. Just remember the thing weighs like 25lbs, and I assume it would cost at least $15 to ship. Not worth insuring obviously, so we wouldn't have to worry about that.

Continental US and Canada only please.

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Eric
    YGM
    Grant

3. Chuck Frady

Chuck Frady Second Unit

YGM

4. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I didn't really expect to get so many responses, but I did.
    I'm really going to have to think about whether it's worth shipping, because I can't guarantee that it will make it to you in one piece. I'd hate to have it get to you and have it not work at all. Maybe I'll donate it to the Salvation Army or something.
    Keep giving me offers if you really want it and remember if you buy it it's AS-IS: You takes your chances. I'm more interested in Sci-Fi or anime, maybe music DVDs. Cash is always good.[​IMG]
    I promise to get back to everyone after the holidays.