What's new

FS/FT: Samsung 170MP 17" LCD monitor with TV tuner and remote control. (1 Viewer)

Alex.D

Agent
I sent in my 170mp for warranty service TWO MONTHS AGO, and, after having it lost, mis-routed and being offered a refurb, I secured a replacement from Samsung. The unit has a 9/2002 manufacture date. However, I can't really use it, since I bought a different unit a while ago.

For full specs click here Short specs: 400:1 contrast ratio, 240 nits brightness, composite, S-video and TV tuner inputs. You can watch TV full-screen (or a standalone DVD player via the S-video input) without even having your computer on! Or, with a computer, you can watch TV using resizable picture-in-picture.

Has a built-in line doubler, so no scanlines! As you may imagine, this is better than having a TV tuner card because TV tuning does not depend on your computer being on, and sapping resources (you can have a TV picture on top of a DirectX or OpenGL game, if you'd like)

(Note: No component inputs and no HDTV capability)

What's included:
Monitor
15-pin DSUB signal cable
Remote control (needs 2 AAA batteries)
Power adapter brick
Power cable
Manual
Warranty card (unfilled)
CD-ROM
F-connector to BNC adapter (The antenna input is, for some odd reason, a BNC type socket. The adapter will let you connect to a US cable system or antenna)
Edit: This IS a regular NTSC tuner, and will work with American broadcast systems, cable systems, DVD players and VCR's.

Fine print: The monitor is _new_ as far as I can tell. I opened the shipping box to check contents (power adapter, remote, etc), but the monitor was not removed from the box. Therefore, I did not personally inspect the unit's performance. Therefore, all warranty claims must be handled through Fedex Ground (if it's shipping damage) or Samsung (if it's damaged in other ways). I was assured by the service center that the monitor was _perfect_, and the box does not appear to have shipping damage.

$500 shipped in CONUS

Trades: I'm looking for a 4-channel speaker setup suitable for computer use. Please let me know what you have.

Or, I would like a set of 4 bookshelf speakers with decent low-frequency response and a 6.5" woofer. These would be used with a 4-channel power-amp for the abovementioned computer setup.

Alex.D

Agent
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:b:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:b:b:b:D:D:D
:D:D:b:b:b:b:b:D:D
:D:b:b:b:b:b:b:b:D
:b:b:b:b:b:b:b:b:b
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks