What's new

FS: FREE Home Theater Set-up w/purchase of my House. (1 Viewer)

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,
It has only been on the market for about two weeks. We have about another week before it hits the magazine and TV ads, but the flow has been very good from the drive by traffic. We had one couple that looked at it on Wednesday, that called us back last night and want to come back and look at it again. So that's encouraging!!! We will still be having an Open House every Sunday from 1-4 till it sells. Feel free Jon to stop by on Sunday and take a look. It would be nice to talk to a fellow HT Forum member and get thir input on my set-up.
Thanks,
Shawn

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
yup, here in Bergen county NJ property is out of control sky high. very hard for a new couple to purchase their first home. and if they have the down payment, taxes will kill you, and we do have a sales tax in NJ, plus we pay bridges tunnels and roads. cost of living here is crazy, when my wife and I retire I'm out of here, too bad that's25 years away :)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Oh my god, we need an omaha meet bad! My wife and I are building right now at 192nd and M. It will be done in late June or July. We should all get togehter. Maybe we could meet in public first and do a store tour so everyone could get familiar with each other and then organize a meet where go to to one or more people's houses after that.

Good luck selling your beautiful home.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
I am totally cool with that. Let's get something going, a meet at a restaurant or something. I would definitely be up to having the future meets at our new house when it is complete. How far in the build process are you? Let me know if you need any wiring for structural pre-wire or anything. I have accounts set-up with pretty much every cable company out there. Shot me an email, and I can give you my number. Shawn

Jon Oliva

Agent
A meet in Omaha? My girlfriend is going to kill me. I can see the conversation now...

Amanda: "Wait...so you want to meet with MORE geeky people?"
Jon: "Yes honey..."
Amanda: "So you mean, not only do you meet up with Tacoma offroading forum geeks and hang out in parking lots...but you're going to go do this with hometheater forum geeks too?"
Jon: "Yes Honey..."
Amanda: "I hope you're not going to invite strangers to our house to look at your stuff unless you've met them before...right?"
Jon: (silence)
Amanda: "...right?"
Jon: "....but he wanted to see the projector..."
Amanda: "HE COULD BE A PSYCHOPATH!"
Jon: "No no...of course he isn't. Probably."
Amanda: (Groan)

Hehe, of course I'm kidding. She enjoys my geeky hobbies - even wants me to buy MORE speakers...woohoo!

Oh so my point is an Omaha meeting would be great. Especially for me since I moved into town about a month ago and don't know where any of the A/V shops are.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Cool, we just need to make this happen. I've seen this stuff fall through pretty easily, so I'll try to stay on top of this when I get back in town. How is the weekend of May 7/8 looking for people? PS, Shawn, we're bumping your thread ;)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
OK, well good stores to go to would be Stereo West, The Sound Environement and Costom Electronics.

They are on 144th and Center, 108th-ish and Center, and 74th-ish and Pacific respectively. There is also Niver Electronics down on 144th and Q-ish. They supposedly have the very excellent Sony VPL-HS51 on display.

So, we could meet up at the first store and then go on a store crawl. Then go somewhere for beers or whatever afterwords to compare notes. If someone is ready to have a bunch of psychopaths over to their home at that point, cool. If not, we'll save that for next time.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Charles,
May 7th or 8th looks like it would work for me. You have my email and cell phone, so let me know. No problem on the thread, just keep my house in mind if you know anyone looking. :D

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Charles - I replied to your e-mail...I am in.

May 7 works out better for me, but I think I can make either work.

Jon

Jon Oliva

Agent
Thanks for the store directions, I'll definately check those places out. I'd love to meet everyone and talk geeky stuff so count me in for next weekend :)

Also, my theater setup is coming together relatively well, so if anyone has a desire to view the Toshiba MT700 or audition Ascend Acoustics speakers then you are more than welcome to come visit :)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I just found out from my event scheduler (wife) that the weekend I named is my brother's college graduation, so I will be out of town. Perhaps we can pick a date a few weekends after that. I'll keep monitoring this thread and when we get a little bit further along, we can start thinking about dates later in May.

Later guys.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I am still travelling quite a bit, but will be in town for the next three weeks. Anyone want to meet somewhere?

Jon Oliva

Agent
Congratulations shawn, that's fantastic. Did you get a new place yet?

In about a week or so I will have more free time and would be up for a little group get-together. I had fun today with a friend - we went to The Stereo Environment over on 108th and Center. Damn is all I have to say. Those Wilsons they have are insane. I smelled snake oil on the $30,000 cables but I kept quiet :b. It was a good, good time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks