FS: Fox Demo Disc # 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tommy_Garris, Mar 7, 2003.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

YGM

2. Tommy_Garris

Tommy_Garris Stunt Coordinator

YGMB

3. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Tommy just an FYI you could have sold it for 5 times that.

4. Tommy_Garris

I'm not here to rip people off. Just thought I'd sell it to a fellow HTF'er for a fair price. What goes around comes around Jeff.

5. Jeff Whitford

Jeff Whitford Screenwriter

Hey don't make me out to be the bad guy. People have sold that disc for alot more so $15-20 shipped is not ripping anyone off. I just thought i'd let you know. Let me know when you want to sell more of your discs for $4 shipped.[​IMG]

6. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I don't think he was trying to make you out to be the bad guy. He felt that selling them at that price was ripping people off. The others who sold them apparently did not.

7. Tommy_Garris

I second Rudy's statement because I'm not here to judge anyone. I wanted to let it be known I'm not here to take advantage of a situation like that. Another example I've seen recently is:

Attempts to sell Gettysburg (sealed) for $40-50+. You can easily get it online (Brand New) for less than $24 shipped if the time (which is minimal at best) is put in to find it. LINK:

http://www.showwow.com//DVD/item.asp...84957301616668

- Tommy

8. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

thanks for the trade tommy.[​IMG]
    These discs are going for 8.00 shipped on ebay!
    Good Price !'NO scamming!
    Thats what I like[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Glenn

Glenn Stunt Coordinator

Hi Tommy,

>>I'm not here to rip people off. Just thought I'd sell it to a fellow HTF'er for a fair price.

Hats off to you. Thanks for being fair to a fellow HTF'er. Besides these demo discs are free, right?

Plus thanks to your post I found out that a third Fox demo disc is available and I went down and picked one up at my local Best Buy.

BTW, I still have a couple of extra Fox #2 demo discs that I would trade for just about anything.

Later,
    Glenn

10. Tommy_Garris

Love the sarcasm Glenn. Maybe in picking up the Demo Disc you realized, 'Hey, I have to actually BUY a DVD to get the disc'. Also, the time to get the disc, ship the disc, and what I just mentioned must not be worth the little I sold the disc for considering I got a couple emails saying I coulda got 4-5 times that. Not to mention gas for all the driving I just did. Being that gas is cheap maybe I shoulda said 'First to email me gets the demo disc for free'. Maybe next time I'll do that Glenn, right? WRONG.

11. Glenn

Glenn Stunt Coordinator

Hi Tommy,

Well actually there was no sarcasm intended. I'm sorry that you took my note that way.

I have no problem with you selling the disc for $5. I think that was a very fair price on your part.

Yes I do realize that you are supposed to buy a DVD to get the demo disc. I only mentioned that the disc is free hoping that people reading might not pay $15 to $20 for a disc that is a freebie.

Later,
    Glenn

>>Love the sarcasm Glenn. Maybe in picking up the Demo Disc you realized, 'Hey, I have to actually BUY a DVD to get the disc'. Also, the time to get the disc, ship the disc, and what I just mentioned must not be worth the little I sold the disc for considering I got a couple emails saying I coulda got 4-5 times that. Not to mention gas for all the driving I just did. Being that gas is cheap maybe I shoulda said 'First to email me gets the demo disc for free'. Maybe next time I'll do that Glenn, right? WRONG.

12. Tommy_Garris

Understandable Glenn. In re-reading your original post, I can see where I mistakenly took it a different way than intended. No harm no foul.

13. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

got my dvd[​IMG] thanks tommy