What's new

FS: Energy C-1 (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
First the good news --- ASKING PRICE IS ONLY $160 plus shipping! These are $300 MSRP and only a few months old. I bought these on eBay from an honest seller.

Now the bad news. He posted pics showing that the tweeters had some cosmetic shortcomings, a.k.a. dents. I failed to pay close enough attention and bought them. When I received them, I cried, then I plugged them in to make sure they were okay, and sure enough they sound great.

I tried to convince myself to not be superficial and accept the fact that I bought the speakers I had been wanting for the absolute lowest price I could possibly find. But I planned to use these without the grilles, as I do with my mains, the beautiful Energy C-5s.

Although I hardly ever look at my surrounds, just knowing those dents are there will bug me. Some reviewers love the look of the new Connoisseur speakers will the grilles off, showing the nice silver finish. Others think it looks too mid-fi or spacey.

If you fall into that second category, here is your chance to own these puppies at a bargain. I am being as forthcoming as I can be, and to me, I can detect no deterioration in sound quality in spite of the tweeters...hard to believe, but that is the truth.
Here is a link for you to view the actual speakers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=1945017057.

The speaker on the left obviously has a dent in the top left corner. This speaker also has a scratch, not captured on the photos, on its right side near the base. It is about an inch-and-a-half long, but not as bad as it sounds. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being almost unnoticeable and 10 being unbearable, I would rate this scratch as a 4. The other speaker has a much smaller dent, I don't know if it even qualifies as a dent. It is about the size of a ball point pen, on the top right corner of the tweeter. This speaker also has a very minor scratch on the right side about the size of a fingernail tip, but you really have to look close to see this one. A 1 on the 1-10 scale.

Unfortunately I do not own the technology to post these more revealing photos. If you are one who prefers grilles on, here is your shot to own a very accurate pair of speakers. Here are links to some reviews of the C-1s:

http://thestar.com.my/audio/story.as...ofile/02energy

and

http://www.audioreview.com/Bookshelf...0_4290crx.aspx

Thanks.:emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I've heard these speakers. they have a nice balance of warmth the similar paradigms don't have. They come fairly close to the studio line in the paradigm series. A steal at $160.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I wish I could take you up on this. I have a pair of C-1s that I am using for surrounds and I would love to get another pair for mains. Unfortunately I need to sell my Klipsch KG2s first. Maybe I will get lucky and your C-1s will still be available after I have sold my old speakers.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
President Bush has his economic stimulus package, and I have mine...price drop to $150 plus shipping. That should get the money rolling.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks