FS: Dual BPD1503 subwoofer (over 8L of linear displacement!)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Rather reposting, click below on my home page for all the information including Price and Pictures[​IMG]

2. someone emailed me and was interested in just the enclosure, so if there are any locals that want just the drivers email me with an offer. I can probably ship one of the drivers but not both since I only have 1 original packaging. ...40+lbs is hard to put in a small box without proper packaging!!!

3. Jack Gilvey gave me a good idea:
    For $525 you can have the Dual 1503's w/ enclosure AND a Linkwitz Transform with your custom values!
    This LT is similar to the one I am building for the DIY area people, but has a better power supply and has the swapable pins glued on top and soldered below for extra rigidity to allow for swapping values.
    Don't know what an LT is?...Click here
    Here are a couple of images to the LT.
    Click here
    FYI, it would cost you about $85 just to get the PARTS to the LT that you will be getting. ..and then you have to assemble it and build the case!

4. bump

5. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Keep tempting me[​IMG] really if I did not have to buy a new amp I would jump on these. I have one right now in a ported enclosure and it is impressive. Could not imagine two.For 110db+ at 20hz and up they are hard to beat.

6. Shawn.....use your 1, get 2 more from me...and a 4th from bill. wire a pair up to 2 ohms and run a pair per channel[​IMG] ..or series the pair for 4 ohms bridged [​IMG]

7. Shawn Solar

Actually that's not a bad idea[​IMG] except there would be no room for me to sit anymore. I got a good lead on an amp that is 1250watts into 4ohms x2. If I pick it up I will have one channel not doing anything. I really can't have that as it would be a waste[​IMG] But again I'm counting my chickens before they hatch. I'll give you a bump.

8. Is there no interest? Price not seem fair to you? or you just aren't local: D

9. Shawn Solar

How much are you asking per driver. . If the price is right I may want one too after all. I just a did a fr sweep of my room. It seems that with one sub it leaves a huge hole in the response I might beable to counter act with another sub.

Let me know. I'll pay shipping.

10. Jason Monette

Jason Monette Second Unit

i am interested, but i am not local.

let me know if you decide you would like to ship and then we can work out a price.

11. Jason Kolczak

Why don't you move to Dallas... I'll be local for you then.

12. I can ship 1 driver as I still have the original box for it with the wood base (this is the box they used before the full crating method).

I don't have the box on hand right now, but it is probably 17x17x12 and will weigh in at 45lb+. I would ship FedEx Ground since they are much more friendly with boxes.

I am in Anaheim, CA 92804 for shipping rate calculations.

Shawn, I could also ship to canada, but you might be looking at a heafy shipping rate (haven't checked)

Guys, use the above info to get a rate estimate. Then email with an offer for just the driver. You pay shipping on top of the rate.

(note to the moderator: The forum requires a price posted. There is for the whole system. This is just a deal I am trying to work out for breaking up the system).

13. PRICE DROP:
    $425 for the enclosure and pair of drivers
    $490 with linkwitz transform/power supply system.
    Local pick up only for the systems.
    I am going to give one more week before deciding to break it up. I just want to avoid the hassles of breaking it down and shipping out parts [​IMG]

14. Shawn Solar

Keep me posted. If you have a fair price I'll take one. I figure $40US shipping

15. Shawn

USPS $37-40 4-6 week surface at USPS (basic shipping), $61-67 for 4-6 day air (basic shipping)

FedEx ground is about $50 for 4-6 day (I choose an ontario city farthest away from me--Moosonee)

16. JasonMears

JasonMears Extra

Tony is a great guy to deal with. I picked up the system this weekend. He is a very helpful and his knowledge on H.T. is priceless to a newbie like myself. Thanks again, and I look forward to the moment my H.T. is complete. Off to a great start, thanks again Tony.

Jason