What's new

FS: DTronics DS-41R 4x1 DVI switch w/ HDCP (1 Viewer)

One DTronics DS-41R 4x1 DVI switch (sold by Pacific Cable and others) with HDCP support. It's only a few months old and in great condition. Includes IR remote and power supply. It also has a serial port for automation; I have Girder files that I use to handle this, and I'll throw in a null modem cable if you want one. Retail is about $400; asking $300 + S&H or best offer, PayPal or money orders preferred.

Like just about every DVI switch on the market, this switch has some quirks. Here's the two that I've found:

- It does not like the remote codes from my Panasonic RP-82 DVD player. I covered the IR receiver and used serial control to work around this. It has no problem with Tivo codes though.

- My HD DirecTivo (HR10-250)/Sanyo Z2 projector combo does not see HDCP as enabled when the signal is routed through the DS-41R. However, the DS-41R did pass HDCP with my old Sony DirecTV receiver; since the HR10-250 and PLV-Z2 are both notoriously finnicky about HDCP, I'm not sure that the DS-41R is entirely at fault.

- Brian

It's gotta go... $275 + S&H. Don't forget, it looks much better on the shelf than the Gefen since the cables come out the back!

Ron,

I didn't get your message unfortunately, my PM is screwy and even my email has been uncooperative lately. Please email me direct at [email protected], hopefully that will get through.

Thanks,
Brian

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Brian: sent message to both emails and PM through HTF. Let me know? I'll be leaving town on Sunday and be out of pocket through Friday.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks