FS: Denon 3802 AV Receiver - Mint condition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_B, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Andrew_B

Andrew_B Stunt Coordinator

Due to a severe case of upgraditis I am putting my beloved Denon 3802 up for sale. Due to a recent acquisition of a touch screen LCD, I now want a receiver that has a serial port to allow 3rd party control.
    This unit was purchased from a local authorized Denon retailer one year ago, and the original receipt can be included if interested. It has been in my equipment rack the entire time and it is in fantastic condition.
    The 3802 has a great reputation, and it is well deserved. This receiver is rated as the 9th highest AV Receiver at AudioReview.com with an average score of 4.62/5.00. For the highest rated list on AudioReview.com click HERE.
    To read detailed individual reviews of the Denon 3802 click HERE.
    This receiver has enough power to drive even difficult loads with ease. My Paradigm Studio speakers have never sounded so good (for music the 3802 sounds better than my $800 NAD Integrated Amplifier). If you've heard a Denon in person, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, imagine a silky smooth midrange that results in a relaxed sound without sacrificing detail. Listener fatigue is simply not a problem with the Denon 3802. The price I am asking for is $650 shipped or best offer. The remote, manual, antennas, etc are included. Sorry, I no longer have the original box.
    For a link to the User's Manual, click HERE.
    For a link to the Front view, click HERE.
    For a link to the Back view, click HERE.
    For a link to the Inside view, click HERE.
    For a link to the Remote view, click HERE.
    If you want some pictures of the actual unit, PM or email me and I will send them to you.
    For the technically inclined, here is there nitty gritty:
    Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II & DTS ES Discrete 6.1 A/V Receiver
    Dolby Pro Logic II decoding with Cinema and Music Modes
    DTS Extended Surround Discrete 6.1 decoding
    DTS Extended Surround Matrix 6.1 decoding
    DTS Neo:6 Cinema & Music Surround decoding
    Dolby Digital decoding, including Matrix 6.1 decoding
    DDSC-Digital featuring Analog Devices SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processor
    7 Channels equal power amplifier section
    110 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz,

2. Andrew_B

Andrew_B Stunt Coordinator

Bump... price changed and shipping is now included. Last chance to get this unit before it goes up on ebay.