What's new

FS: Carvin DCM 600 power amp. Like new. 600watts@4ohms RMS (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

I am selling my Carvin amp for the single reason that I got a good deal on a Crown K2. The carvin amp has a few months of light use on it for my home theater subwoofer. If I didn't tell you other wise, you'd swear it was brand new!
DCM6001.jpg

I am asking $250 (shipping included) obo. If you are in southern california and are willing to pick it up, make it $225. This amp is normally $337 + tax.
DCM 600 site
Some brief output specs
NOTE: RMS as in run it all day at these levels without any problems type RMS:D
Bridged Continuous RMS:
4 ohms 600watts
8 ohms 450watts
Both Channels Continous RMS
2 ohms 300watts/ch
4 ohms 250watts/ch
8 ohms 125watts/ch

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hey Pat, It does have a fan. The only pro amp of sizable power that doesn't have a fan is the K series by crown (TTBOMK)..well..I have seen some other expensive bryston ones....but way too much $$$ =). The fan is in the back of the unit. I can try getting some decible readings from it if you want.

A

Anthony_Gomez

The amp worked great for me..clean mean power=). Max power was a bit of an issue, but it wasn't the amps fault. I was running the BPD1503's at 250watts RMS each. Ported, this would be more than enough, but I was running a small EQed sealed box....and that setup wants around 1000watts/sub. Luckily my room wasn't too big=)

There is fan noise (as with almost every pro amp), but It isn't that bad at all. Actually, I could have probably opened up the unit to install a resistor to slow the fan down. It didn't heat up that much at all with my use.

My only gripe on it is that my banana plugs didn't fit all the way in (binding post nut thing got in the way from the banana being pushed in all the way). I had some other bananas that did fit fine, so I think it may have also been the banana barrel.

If you happen to travel to the southern california area (Irvine), I'd be happy to show you it.

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Anthony,

I have a friend who lives in Irvine that maybe interested in this amp. Check your email!

A

Anthony_Gomez

Last call before I send the amp off to E-Bay..or the likes.

Daniel: I emailed you but haven't gotten any reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks