FS: Bose Acoustimass 10 set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian AM, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Brian AM

Brian AM Stunt Coordinator

The set is in good condition... some scratches on the cubes but nothing major. They sound as good as can be expected from Bose. [​IMG] They sound better for HT than music. (The cubes are "cute" your wife will love them.)Black in color. It is the first series - bass module is unpowered with 3-6 1/2" woofers. Purchased refurbished for $799 about 4 years ago from a bose factory outlet. I have the original box to ship them in. Asking $400 for the set + shipping.
    I'll also throw in 5 wall/ceiling mounts designed for the cube speakers and the plugs needed to run your own speaker wire instead of the thin wire that bose gives you.
    email me at [email protected] for further info or if you're interested.

2. Brian AM

Make me an offer?

3. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Brian:

Your best bet is Ebay when trying to sell Bose speakers. The resale and interest on Ebay will be much higher than a HT forum. I'd also suggest using your local classifieds, since Bose is really a mass market item with good name recognition among non-HTers.

Good Luck

Ron

4. Brian AM

Well enough people are looking at them.. [​IMG] I figured it would be a long shot, but they are good enough for the bedroom or something like that...
    I'll give ebay a shot I guess... what are their fees?

5. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

eBay fees... a few cents to list an item, and then a small percentage of the winning amount. For your speakers, a couple of bucks total would be my guess.

6. Brian AM

Indeed... I believe the total was $4.30 for posting them on ebay... [​IMG] thanks!

7. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Brian:

I think you'll be surprised how well they'll do on Ebay. I recently sold my RCA DTC 100 for appx $390 on Ebay. Most savy HTer's would probably pay only $300.

Now I believe the opposite is true for higher end items. The common Ebayer won't appreciate the value you are offering. That is why I listed my Richard Gray Power COmpany units here, at AVS and audiogon. They sold within 24 hrs of listing the items. Now I sold them for $450 for one unit, which was $50 less than what others were listing on Audiogon, so that had something to do with it. But searching through Ebay's past and current listings, I couldn't find anyone ever selling a RGPC 400S...so hence going to the right market...HTF etc.

Again Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Ron

8. Brian AM

The advice is much appreciated Ron! Hey, last I checked they were up to $31. [​IMG]

9. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Brian, did you set a reserve price? If not, you could eventually lose a lot of money.

10. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

If he didn't, I think he can make a first bid himself at the price he wants the reserve to be. That way, anyone would have to beat that price to get the speakers, but the price should be low enough that he can sell them or else he's out the listing price.

11. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I just read about a guy who sold his VCS 10 Bose Center on ebay for more than he paid

12. Brian AM

Of course I set my reserve price... [​IMG]

13. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    yeah dont try selling Bose here...it wont work. [​IMG]

14. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ooo, I just saw the 8 bids you've garnered so far. looks like you're gonna make a killing.

15. Brian AM

And not to mention those of you who have wrote me using private email for fear of being chastized on the forum... [​IMG] You know who you are... hehe