What's new

FS: BetterCables 5M VGA Silver Serpent cable (1 Viewer)

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
5 Meter / 16.40 Feet
Engineered for video excellence. Our vga cables are suitable for critical runs even as long as 200 feet or more – even with HDTV signals. Perfect for HDTV, Home Theater PCs, video scalers and any situation where signal quality should not be compromised. This cable enables your equipment to reproduce the best color saturation, black level and detail possible. We doubt there is a higher performing component cable available ANYWHERE at ANY price.
The cable features five 75-ohm Solid 99.999% pure Silver coated copper center conductors, hard-cell high-density foam PE insulation, 78 percent velocity of propagation, low 17.3 pF per ft capacitance, and triple shielding for unmatched RF and EMI interference protection. This cable is also NEC CL2 rated for in-wall use.
Installations that use VGA (RGB) require special parameters in the cable design. Chief among them is 'timing'. Since the signal is split into red, green and blue primary colors, and then reassembled, the signals must arrive at the same time at the destination. The more the timing variance, the less detail can be resolved in the resulting picture. Bettercable design guarantees a maximum of 4 nanoseconds per 100 ft. This is ten times better than the broadcast maximum of 40 nanoseconds. What this means is the sharpest, clearest picture available.
Compare this to many RGB cables which don't specify timing, or where the constituent cables are not even close to 75 ohms. This cable also features a 90% braid and 100% foil shield. This gives the user maximum protection from outside interference. This can be especially helpful where these cables are used with VGA devices, which runs at very high frequencies, often 100 MHz, 200 MHz or even higher. Inexpensive RGB cables often have only a low-coverage braid shield, minimally effective at low frequencies (below 50 MHz).
CABLES LONGER THAN 3 METERS DO NOT HAVE THE DECORATIVE SILVER MESH APPLIED. The mesh is not shielding and does not affect the signal quality.
BetterCables price $149.95 shipped.
My price $120 shipped.
I will accept money orders but PayPal is prefered. Thanks
[email protected]
http://store3.yimg.com/I/bettercablesdotcom_1674_98345

J

John Morris

Shawn: Do these cables have VGA type connections on each end of the cable? I am looking for a long VGA/RGB cable for my HTPC HiPix output and need to run it through a wall, so if these cables have high quality VGA connectors on each end and can easily transmit a 1080i HDTV signal along the whole 5 meter length without loss, your cable might do the trick.

Are you selling these for BC? If so, or even if not, do you accept returns if the cable doesn't work for my application between my HTPC HiPix and my Pioneer HDTV?

Thanks!

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
Hi John

This cable is the high quality cable you're looking for. It has standard VGA male 15 pin connectors on both ends.

I was using on my Home Theater PC for about a month before I opted to get a breakout cable instead. This cable is my own cable and I have no affiliation with Betterables. They are so good to me as a customer I would rather try to sell it instead of return it to them. They have a 6 month return policy and I have returned some cables in the past but I feel this time I would rather try to let them keep the business and not refund my money.

Also, the cable is a standard VGA type cable and is designed to handle High Def signals with ease and is sheilded for in wall use. I have no doubt that it will provide you a pristine video image but unfortunatly, if you do not know what type of cable you need and think this will work but does not, I will not refund your money. Sorry. Sold as is no refunds. I am taking a hit on the cable when I could get back the full amount. With free shipping included in my price I will not look back once I mail it.

Be sure you know what type of cable you need before buying anything.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks