What's new

FS: Better Cables Silver Serpent Component Video Cable 5M (1 Viewer)

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
SOLD

Better Cables Silver Serpent Component Video Cable 5 Meter (16 1/2 feet)

Replaced with firewire pure digital connections between equipment and no longer need this analog component cable. Better Cables price is $179.95. My asking price with free Priority Mail shipping in the U.S. is $130.00. I am accepting payments through paypal at [email protected].

I will accept any REASONABLE offers!!

E-mail me with your intent to buy, thanks!

The following is from www.bettercables.com

Our Silver Serpent® Component Video Cable is engineered for video excellence. While small in physical size, these component video cables are GIANT in performance. Perfect for HDTV and DVD (interlaced and progressive) and any situation where signal quality should not be compromised. This cable enables your equipment to reproduce the best color saturation, black level and detail possible.

The cable features Solid 99.999% pure Silver coated copper center conductors, hard-cell high-density foam PE insulation, 75-ohm impedance (with impedance-matched connectors), low 17.3 pF per ft capacitance, and triple shielding for unmatched RF and EMI interference protection. This cable is also NEC CL2 rated for in-wall use.

Installations that use component video require special parameters in the cable design. Chief among them is TIMING. Since the signal is split into 3-channels (a B&W signal and two color difference signals) and then reassembled, the signals must arrive at the same time at the destination. The more the timing variance, the less detail can be resolved in the resulting picture. Bettercable’s Silver Serpent Component Video design guarantees a maximum of 2.5 nanoseconds per 100 ft. This is ten times better than the broadcast maximum of 40 nanoseconds. What this means is the sharpest, clearest picture available.

Compare this to many Component Video cables which don't specify timing, or where the constituent cables are not even close to 75 ohms. Inexpensive Component Video cables often have only a low-coverage braid shield, minimally effective at low frequencies (below 50 MHz).

CABLES LONGER THAN 3 METERS DO NOT HAVE THE DECORATIVE MESH APPLIED. The mesh is not shielding and does not affect the signal quality.

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
$10 price drop saving you $50 on this reference quality component cable. When did videophiles stop using BetterCables? Is there a better brand now?

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
I now have two of these reference quality component cables. That's TWO sets at 5 Meter each for a total shipped price of $240 in the United States PLUS I'll throw in a free Monster Cable Lightwave Fiber Optic digital cable of 10 feet for free! Never been used!

For $240 you get: FREE shipping, FREE Monster Cable 10 foot Fiber Optic digital cable and TWO sets of reference quality Silver Serpent Component Video cables.

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
Hello Scott

I responded to your e-mails, please read both I accept the offer for both sets of cables for $200

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks