What's new

FS: Belkin F5D6230-3 Wireless Cable/DSL Router! (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
I've had this router for about a month and a half, and it's been used for maybe 3 weeks...I bought it so that I wouldn't have to deal with wiring CAT5 to the basement (where my room is, I'm home for the summer). But, the router just doesn't seem to work for me...I'm too far from the router, the signal is too weak at times, and if I'm transfering large files or something, i hate losing the connection.
Don't take this to mean that it's a bad router, cuz it's not, it worked straight out of the box, no firmware upgrades, no nothing. But my room is on the opposite side of the house, on another floor, my computer's underneath a desk...so yeah. :) (It's about 215 feet, linearly, plus the elevation change...and yeah, if you look at my room, it's quite messy, computer, TV, speakers, the such).
One thing that I've thought about doing, in the fall, is building a miniHTPC (I might be selling one later, using a shuttle SS40G), and putting a wireless card or USB adapter on it, so it's light, out of the way, nondescript, AND on the net! :D
Here is the link to OfficeMax, which is where I bought it...I don't know if there's a session ID in there or not, please let me know immediately if there is.
Here is the link on Belkin's site...as you can see in the text, there are also 3 wired ports, so you can do like I am now, and have one computer (the family computer) wired, and have wireless computers throughout the house.
As the prices are listed on both sites, wireless routers aren't cheap...but mine certainly is cheaper than theirs, since it has been used for a bit. I'm hoping to sell it for $115 INCLUDING SHIPPING.
If there are any questions, feel free to email me or PM me, thanks, and PLEASE BUMP THIS THREAD, so I can sell it soon.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
By receiving unit, I assume you mean the PCI card or USB adapter that goes into the computer? I have an extra PC Card (for a laptop, US Robotics, highest quality manufacturer), but I'd have to consider selling the USB adapter I'm using now. Please email me with any questions, we can discuss it there. :)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Ian, since I haven't heard from you yet, here's another attempt, and I'll email you now.
price is negotiable, everybody, give me some offers. No low-balls tho. :)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Another price drop, this thing really isn't doing me too much good..come on, make some offers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks