FS: Barco Graphics 801s .....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg S, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

I have nice used Barco Graphics 801s CRT Front Projector. Its in good condition and throws a heckuva nice picture. Naturally being a CRT it requires some attention but once setup it should only need adjusting every so often.
    Go to www.projectorspecs.com for specifics on this model.
    The projector has about 9000 hours or so on the counter (a lot of it is in standby mode). I purchased this unit direct from Hammerhead Technology in CA back in March/April of this year. At the time the Tubes had about 300 hours on them (they had recently replaced the original tubes) and I would say that in that time I have probably put on another 400-500 hours or so.
    What does all this mean??? It should give a lot of use before the tubes need to be replaced (avg life expectancy on tubes is somewhere between 5,000-10,000 hours based on type of usage). Feel free to check over at the AVS forum for detailed info on this projector as it is well regarded.
    Anyway to the meat and potatoes we go.
    I would like to get $1200 for the projector. With the projector I am throwing in a 40 foot Projection systems Barco CRT cable (it has a standard 15 pin connector on one and a special 9 pin connector on the other) this is a very HEAVY DUTY cable. I am also including a 5x10 DIY Parkland Plastic Screen with black masking around the edges. I am also including a Barco telecoping moung (it allows the projector to hang down up to 2 feet and is fully adjustable).
    I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SHIPPING AT THIS TIME UNLESS YOU CAN PROVIDE A METHOD OF PACKING AND SHIPPING
    In summary here is what you get:
    Barco Graphics 801s CRT (with Owners Manual, Install Manual, Service Manual, Remote, and Power Cord)
    Barco 800 Series telescoping mount (sells for $300)
    40 foot Projection sytems Barco cable (sells for about $200)
    5x10 Parkland Pastic screen (can be made at HD/Lowes for about $50)
    Price -- $1200 (this is negotiable -- sort of)
    I am located in Richmond, VA and am willing to provide some sort of limited delivery if you are in the VA/DC/MD area.
    I may entertain trades of some sort so it doesn't hurt to ask. Please keep in mind that Cash offer will get priority. Items I would have interest in:
    VMPS speakers
    LCD Front projector
    Odyssey Stratos ampfliers
    Email me for questions/best response.
    Thanks
    Greg

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Is this still for sale? I'm in Utah would you be willing to find a shipper to ship it here?

Thanks!

Wes

3. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Sorry its sold.

Greg