FS Audiophile USB sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Martin G, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Martin G

Martin G Second Unit

I have an M-audio audiophile USB for sale. for more information about it go to http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...9588578a74aa58

Its a pro quality usb sound card. I'm getting rid of it because I no longer need my mobile studio and I upgraded my fixed studio to a pro tools set up.

This does have a noticable scratch on the left side, however this does not affect the sound quality or functionality of the unit at all.

A great solution for people looking to get quality sound on the road with their laptop. The headphone amp section is strong enough to drive the pair of sennheiser 580's that I use.

retails for $249 I am asking $170 OBO.

2. Martin G

Martin G Second Unit

Bump

3. ShalM

ShalM Extra

Hi,

I was looking at the website and it kind of mentions that it doesnt accept mic inputs happily and a separate preamp is needed. Do you have any experience using a mic with this device and did I read that correctly of M-audio site?

Thanks.

4. Martin G

Martin G Second Unit

You can use a low end microphone without the use of a pre-amp, however you will need a mixer or pre-amp if you use a mic that needs phantom power.

I personally use a couple of Alesis AM-51s which do require a mixer or pre-amp with phantom power. You can get a decent mixer with phantom power at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/631238/

I did some tests with microphones purchased at Best Buy and had good success with them, I just ultimately needed a class A FET microphone so I went with the AM51's

5. Martin G

Martin G Second Unit

TTT