What's new

FS: Atlantic Technology System 450 THX speakers (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I am selling my Atlantic Technology System 450 THX Ultra speaker system. The system consists of left and right mains with optional pedestals, center, and dipole surrounds. All speakers have a beautiful high gloss black finish. I sold the sub about a year ago and replaced it with a pair of SVS subs. The AT450 sub was the weak link in the system. I highly recommend that you go with a different sub such as SVS. This combonation produces a great home theater experience. All the speakers are in excellent condition and I have the original boxes and manuals. I paid over $4,000 for the five speakers plus main channel pedestals a couple of years ago and am asking $1,500 plus shipping.

I hate to sell the 450's but I don't have any room for the mains. I recently purchased a front projection video system. Because of the width of the screen and the subs in each corner, I don't have room to place the the mains to the sides of the screen. The only place I can put mains is underneath the screen. I plan on downgrading to the much smaller AT system 270 and using three of the little L/R's under the screen.

I also have a second pair of the dipoles if anyone is interested. They were used for the center rear channel. I will only sell them if I have a buyer lined up for the 5 channel speaker system.

Let me know if you have any questions. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thomas

Ned

Supporting Actor
You should seriously reconsider moving the subs so the mains can fit at the sides (an SVS can be laid on it's side). The 450 set is way better than the 270 so this is a real downgrade, and shipping is murder. Your sub response may even improve, never know.

Thanks Ned,

I wasn't aware that the SVS's could be placed on their sides. Last night, I took the subs out of the corners and placed each one on their sides. This allowed me to place the mains to the sides of the screen. Suprisingly, the sub response is almost as good as standing corner placement. I am definately keeping the 450's so they are no longer for sell. You really saved me from making a huge mistake. Thanks again for the advice.

Thomas

Jim_P

Stunt Coordinator
As an owner of 451 main and 453c center channel, I wish I had come across your earlier post before buying some 370s for my rear surrounds.

I think you're doing the right thing keeping them. They're great speakers.

If you change your mind.....:)

Jim

I have decided to put the speakers up for sell again. I know they are much better than the 270's but I am willing to sacrifice some sound quality for a less congested appearance. Prices on the speakers are the same as before. Again, my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thomas

wyendor

Auditioning
Real Name
Webster Yendor
Hi Joey. If you're still interested... I'm selling the main Left & Right Atlantic Technology System 450 THX speakers, plus the 452 sub. $1500, obo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks